Marcelo Saporito / old school Carlson Gracie

Saporito is one of Carlson's BBs and he maintains an active online presence. He posts some of the best, simple but functional techniques on his FB page, I recommend yall to check them out!

Anybody know how Saporito ended up being the head instructor at Carlson’s old academy in Copacabana?

Everyone else moved to America.

1 Like
shen - Everyone else moved to America.

so he's basically like the LAST choice to take over then?

mideastgrappler - 
shen - Everyone else moved to America.

so he's basically like the LAST choice to take over then?

I was kidding.

But really almost EVERYONE ELSE did move to America --or at least a hell of a lot of them.

1 Like

Saporito has a gold mine of old school BJJ techniques that he posts on his personal Facebook page and Carlson Gracie Club Facebook page. Probably the most comprehensive collection of Carlson Gracie techniques that I have come across on Facebook.

1 Like
Aaron Lapointe - Saporito has a gold mine of old school BJJ techniques that he posts on his personal Facebook page and Carlson Gracie Club Facebook page. Probably the most comprehensive collection of Carlson Gracie techniques that I have come across on Facebook.

What's the address for the Carlson Gracie Club? I can only find this one and it's only got a handful of pictures since 2016:

https://www.facebook.com/carlsongracie.club.1

I do like the instructionals he posts.

blabbermouth - 
Aaron Lapointe - Saporito has a gold mine of old school BJJ techniques that he posts on his personal Facebook page and Carlson Gracie Club Facebook page. Probably the most comprehensive collection of Carlson Gracie techniques that I have come across on Facebook.

What's the address for the Carlson Gracie Club? I can only find this one and it's only got a handful of pictures since 2016:

I don’t know the address off the top of my head but it is “Clube Carlson Gracie.” Possible that you have to like the page to see the videos.

Aaron Lapointe -
blabbermouth - 

I don’t know the address off the top of my head but it is “Clube Carlson Gracie.” Possible that you have to like the page to see the videos.

Found it! There are some fantastic videos on there! I love the old school stuff.

This is great. Thank you!

link it

Also check out his Instagram page.

Trained a lot with Saporito--it's shocking to see how deep his knowledge is of the art.

i looked at his Facebook page, but then I saw it was all in Portuguese, so i didn't bother watching the vids. lazy i admit ... but there is so much great video content out there where it is explained in English

1 Like

Anyone want to post the links for the lazy folks out here?

Lazarus - Anyone want to post the links for the lazy folks out here?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SaporitoBjj/videos/?ref=page_internal

1 Like

Thanks Aaron. There's a treasure trove of material there. Little variations on moves we all do.

When I trained there there was saporito and another black who taught seperate classes.

I'm not sure how saporito became head instructor, maybe he bought the school out when the lease ran out?

And for the person who wanted to find the place; it's not that easy. No signage, you have to go around the side of some shops and take some stairs.

When I was their they were very standoffish at first. Only one guy spoke some English.

After training though, they were the nicest people in the world. Took me out to a Brazilian bbq and insisted on paying.

Saporito was a cool dude (had a weird obsession with mosquito s getting into the club though).