Marcelo wins ADCC (again)!!

^Dnt hate

Congrats Marcelo on victory, no reason to wonder about what if's, we should just congratulate him on great win,

Ps. Would like to know secret of closing up the mounted triangle w no hands and diesel legs Phone Post

Biggy - taps Leo vieira with triangle from mount!

on his website he teaches how to close the triangle from mount using NO hands, even with them stocky legs.

if any are interested in learning those moves, including guillotine techs ofcourse, use the promo code "biggy" and get a free week! Phone Post

Hey what's the video ID of this tech.. I didn't watch adcc but am interested in how he did a no hand triangle ( I have thick legs like Marcelo). I looked under his mounted triangle videos but not sure what exact technique he used Phone Post

leo had his hand between marcelo's legs looking for a deep half guard or perhaps just trying to keep marcelo's leg in half guard. marcelo quickly passed directly to mount so leo's arm was already in a triangle control position. marcelo tightened up the approach and rolled to his back to lock it. iirc.

drx604, check the forum on his site. Jimmy posted the link there. I also have thick legs so it was definitely helpful. he covered it in at least 2 vids I think.. Phone Post

demandango - leo had his hand between marcelo's legs looking for a deep half guard or perhaps just trying to keep marcelo's leg in half guard. marcelo quickly passed directly to mount so leo's arm was already in a triangle control position. marcelo tightened up the approach and rolled to his back to lock it. iirc.

This is correct, wasn't a "no hands" or " armless triangle", just a normal mounted triangle.  Which is the first time I can think of MG ever hitting that in competition, at least at the black belt level.  From what I understand, he used to have a gnarly triangle game when he was at the lower belts, but eventually discarded it in favor of sweeps and other attacks vs bigger and better guys.  Watching him train, it now looks like he's bringing it back into his game, as his transitions and recoveries are so highly developed.

demandango - leo had his hand between marcelo's legs looking for a deep half guard or perhaps just trying to keep marcelo's leg in half guard. marcelo quickly passed directly to mount so leo's arm was already in a triangle control position. marcelo tightened up the approach and rolled to his back to lock it. iirc.

yah I found the video...and am gonna try it out tonight... This is perfect to counter the DHG guys at my gym... Phone Post

I don't think Marcelo intentionally rolled to his back for the triangle. It looked like leo bridged him over and he locked the triangle in the transition. If you watch the mounted triangle videos on mginaction you will hear MG say to never go to your back for the triangle if you can help it.

I just rewatched the video. Marcelo does fall to his side just before leo bridges, so maybe he was planning to finish from his back. Usually, with one arm in and one arm out from mount MG would attack the "spiral armbar" or monoplata, but that option wasn't there because of the way he had leo's arm trapped. I'll ask him about it when he comes back to the academy.

by "no hands" I meant he closed the triangle without the help of his hands, but it goes without saying that one of leos arms was inside. Phone Post

marcelo is the shit...love him his style

He set the triangle up from the pass pretty early in the sequence (before the foot was free). He has taught this in class (should be on mginaction). Pretty much what bocek did to hazelett. Phone Post