Mark Hunt Claims He was Recently offered Millions to Throw Fight

1 Like

1 Like

Mark Hunt has seen a lot in his fighting career, but even he couldnā€™t believe the situation he found himself in recently.

Ahead of a planned return to action following a short-lived retirement, Hunt appeared on The MMA Hour where he claimed that he was recently asked to throw a fight in exchange for a sizeable paycheck. According to Hunt, the offer was in the seven figures.

Despite the massive number, Hunt didnā€™t even consider going along with the proposal.

ā€œIā€™ve always been one that says if things arenā€™t right, they arenā€™t right,ā€ Hunt said. ā€œI was offered three or four million dollars to take a dive in a fight here in Australia and I said, ā€˜Are you serious?ā€™

1 Like

ā€œCan you believe these cunts tried to give me millions to lose?ā€

which fight??

ps: they shoulda called me, iā€™d have done it foir 2 million!

Wondering the same, it would have to be boxing for those numbers to fly around???

Jake Paul?

1 Like

@Hong_Kong_Phooey :open_mouth: you hate jokes? :rofl:

In all seriousness, those are some grounded principles right there.

When you need the money and youā€™ve got nothing sacred to protect (like Floyd and his big undefeated nonsense)? Hunt had a wicked career but nobody but trolls would be shitting on him for losing at this stageā€¦and still he has the will power and self respect to say no.

Thatā€™s a lot of money. Respect to Mark for doing the honourable move. I think a lot of guys would do different.

Cat Fist Bump GIF by WorldofTanks

2 Likes

ā€œclaimsā€ I doubt he was offered millions., itā€™s definitely not MMA and even a boxing match thatā€™s really sketchy to believe.

2 Likes

Honorably refusing to take a dive for big money is tarnishing his legacy?

John Candy No GIF by Laff

If he was offered he would have taken it.