Marshal Carper(Cauliflower Chroncles) Inside BJJ

Join Tim, Matt, and Ernest as they sit down with The Cauliflower Chronicles author, Marshal D. Carper, to talk about Marshal’s new company Artechoke Media, the experience of writing The Cauliflower Chronicles, training with BJ Penn, and other stories from Marshal’s Jiu-Jitsu travels.

Later the guys play a game of White vs. Black Jiu-Jitsu Advice.

http://www.insidebjj.com/2013/02/14/67-marshal-d-carper/

TTT Phone Post

Bump! Marshal wrote a decent book for his frat crack at it. Worth the read for sure. Phone Post

I havent read the book- but was surprised to hear it was a good book.

From what I gathered, it sounded like the adventures of a white belt training at BJ Penn's gym for a few months (without actually training very much with BJ).

However, I trust Tim and Ernest's opinion that it was a good read.

I read it and enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the insight into the different culture on the islands. Phone Post

kying418 - I havent read the book- but was surprised to hear it was a good book.

From what I gathered, it sounded like the adventures of a white belt training at BJ Penn's gym for a few months (without actually training very much with BJ).

However, I trust Tim and Ernest's opinion that it was a good read.

I found the book a little painful to read (for exactly the reasons you think) but I enjoyed the stuff about the culture.

It's got a few eye rollers for sure. Phone Post