Master Carlos Gracie Jr

Just found out today that Master Carlos Gracie Jr. is coming to visit my school for a week next month! How cool is that? I'm going to be there every day for sure. On top of that he's going to do a seminar for us.

And if that isn't cool enough for you...Marcelo da Souza is with us for the whole summer and possibly longer. He is a cool dude and a great professor. Anybody had the privilege of training with him? How about Master Carlos?

i trained with "arroz" back in 2005 when i was in barra da tijuca. he took teh day classes. very knowledgeable.

which academy r u at?

walbjj - i trained with "arroz" back in 2005 when i was in barra da tijuca. he took teh day classes. very knowledgeable.

which academy r u at?

Gracie Barra - The Woodlands (Texas)...Yea I really enjoy his instruction an hes a really cool guy.

I heard that Master Gracie was not going to be visiting any of the schools (there are too many and he doesn't have time to visit everyone).

LUCKY!

Tux - I heard that Master Gracie was not going to be visiting any of the schools (there are too many and he doesn't have time to visit everyone).

LUCKY!

I know. I about shat myself...haha not really. But I was definitely stoked. We just had Flavio Almeida here for a seminar not too long ago as well.

Tux - I heard that Master Gracie was not going to be visiting any of the schools (there are too many and he doesn't have time to visit everyone).

I find that sad...

So people NOT from Gracie Barra Schools and people from Gracie Barra Schools then have the SAME amount of contact with the head of the association(i.e. none.)?

That's just not right for the students.

There are multiple BJJ associations with GREAT, even legendary, Jiujitsu professors who actually come to your school several times a year and know who you are. I think having contact with you is the minimum someone can do if you are an affiliate paying them association dues and wearing their patch, etc.

If there are too many schools and the guy never visits, what is the point of being affiliated...???

ask master Carlos if he was still thinking about banning the gogo and lockdown? from bjj

why did you guys switch to Gracie Barra,

I know the school used to be Elite Martial Woodlands, and Chad Robo was a brown belt under Eric Williams, next thing I know
He's a black belt under Carlos Jr and the school is Gracie Barra?

Must have been some kind of falling out?