Mastering Rubberguard Quick-Review

"Dan Black, he made Hansen look like a white belt."

Murahama made Brennan look like a whitebelt as well.. why aren't you guys practicing your giant swing achillies locks???

"He will continue to fight better fighters and I bet he continues to use that type of guard."

and Edgar will continue to take credit for a guy he never trained..

"you didn't see him throwing any high kicks when he fought Hoost.."

Are you seriously trying to say high kicks aren't used OFTEN in K-1, epsecially since there is absolutely no threat of a takedown?

Cro Cop used high kicks effectively against Bernardo, Hunt, Lebanner... in K-1

Dan, could you make Hansen look like a whitebelt?

"well this thread turned..thanks for the support .we have 2 more books coming out.. scott epstein 10thplanetllc.CEO"

I know one of the books is based on the twister but what's the other book going to cover?

Eddie is a fucktard.

I think the finest aspect of Eddie's book is that he shows a rational progression to his guard game. Whatever you throw at him he has some sort of answer. I will be the first to point out that he didn't invent the wheel but merely made it spin is a usable way.

You could call it the Grappling Game Plan...on weed

I've seen quotes from at least 10 of the world's top MMA fighters praising Eddie Bravo's Rubber Guard. He's earned a lot of peoples' respect with his innovations, including mine.

Borat's book on defending the "Jew Claw" is the answer to Eddies game
plan.......

"I was talking about Aoki using rubber guard. You were saying how he used it on less than great opponents. He will beat good opponents using that type of guard in his future fights."

Yes Aoki can make techniques like that work on guys that he's a much better grappler than, you didn't see him trying that bullshit on Marcello Garcia did you??

"Dan, could you make Hansen look like a whitebelt?"

Don't know, I've never rolled with him..

"How did this turn into a bashing of high kicks? lol. Um... yeah they dont work.....sure."

Nobody is bashing high kicks, just saying that if you are just starting kickboxing its better to get your basics down 1st instead of pretending your cro-cop..

Dean Lister proved I was right again, maybe he should have spent more time working on striking and takedowns.. its like his jiujitsu is getting worse.. from all reports Nate the Great handled him quite easily..

Lister losing to Marquardt proves rubber guard sucks about as much as Caesar Gracie losing to Shamrock proves jiujitsu sucks.

"Who is Dan Black? Is he a fighter or BJJ'er?"

I'm a BJJ Blue Belt under Cesar and Muay Thai instructor at Gracie Sports..

"Is there any video of him fighting or competeting anywhere I could see? Does he have any instructionals available?"

I think there are some vids of me sparring/rolling floating around.. I don't believe in making instructional videos..

"dan will not wear fur .."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVT-3fwGW6Q

ttt for unknown fighter.

didnt okami pull rubber guard effectively against swick and lock him up?  I dont recall swick raining down punches or anything. 

ttt

kboxster is correct.  when that  fight happened i thought that he would be able to finish, but the fact that it was used as a proper defense was awesome as well

thanks bravo13

Lol @ einstein, foot model. Get off Eddie's nuts. Don't hate cause you ain't

Dude, Eddie's the shit. If you don't believe me, go take a class with him.
He doesn't claim to be anything that he's not. If its not your cup of tea
then that's fine but by hating your only showing your own ignorance.

I use rubber guard in training and think it is very effective, I started after I saw Liter using a variation of it in th UFC