Masters Worlds

baby-silverback - Got 3rd on my division, tore my lcl in my right knee in the first round of the open Phone Post 3.0
Good seeing you there, bro.

Rough day at the office for me. Phone Post 3.0

^.....Awesome to catch up with you brother! Maybe on the next one we well have a chance to hang out for a few

Regardless of how anybody did, you monsters went out & have them HELL!!!

HESPECT to all off you Phone Post 3.0

Up votes coming around for all.... Phone Post 3.0

My teammate and fellow old man Ross Wright won his brown belt division. He's officially a Master's World Champ, which is really cool.

Thanks guys.

Lost my first, hell of a match, great tournament.

Every match was action packed, very little stalling at all. Everyone was going for it. Phone Post 3.0

^.....Yes they were! Phone Post 3.0

baby-silverback - Got 3rd on my division, tore my lcl in my right knee in the first round of the open Phone Post 3.0

Hope it's not too bad and won't sideline you from training for long.  Great job making the podium at this level!

Got beat in my first match 8-0

Rogans Heroes - 
von krap - I lost my first 0-0, but he had 4 advantages.

I'm pretty pissed off at myself.

shit happens.

get back at it.

and a vu

Sorry to hear that. Keep at it bud. Come visit in TO anytime.

went 1-1...whattaya do?

when harry gets better him...i...and a few others are gonna come down...

I won gold Phone Post 3.0

I never watch sport jiu jitsu unless I personally know the person competing as I find it incredibly boring. However, I watched the streams for the last pan ams and this masters worlds as I had training partners competing that I could watch. I must say...I enjoyed the jiu jitsu being displayed at the masters so much more than the fuckery that is practiced by the current guys as it actually resembled a martial art. Guys fighting for takedowns and the guards were actually practical not just playing the game so to speak. Also, I don't know if this was a point of emphasis b/c of the shorter time limits, but it seemed like the refs were a lot quicker to call stalling on guys which seemed to keep the action going.

So anyway, congrats to everybody that competed and I hope any injuries heal up quickly.

Sober - I never watch sport jiu jitsu unless I personally know the person competing as I find it incredibly boring. However, I watched the streams for the last pan ams and this masters worlds as I had training partners competing that I could watch. I must say...I enjoyed the jiu jitsu being displayed at the masters so much more than the fuckery that is practiced by the current guys as it actually resembled a martial art. Guys fighting for takedowns and the guards were actually practical not just playing the game so to speak. Also, I don't know if this was a point of emphasis b/c of the shorter time limits, but it seemed like the refs were a lot quicker to call stalling on guys which seemed to keep the action going.

So anyway, congrats to everybody that competed and I hope any injuries heal up quickly.
I agree with all of this. The action was like a throw back to the old tourneys. Can't wait to watch again next year. Congrats to all forum members who showed up and fought hard Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish - 
Sober - I never watch sport jiu jitsu unless I personally know the person competing as I find it incredibly boring. However, I watched the streams for the last pan ams and this masters worlds as I had training partners competing that I could watch. I must say...I enjoyed the jiu jitsu being displayed at the masters so much more than the fuckery that is practiced by the current guys as it actually resembled a martial art. Guys fighting for takedowns and the guards were actually practical not just playing the game so to speak. Also, I don't know if this was a point of emphasis b/c of the shorter time limits, but it seemed like the refs were a lot quicker to call stalling on guys which seemed to keep the action going.

I agree with all of this. The action was like a throw back to the old tourneys. Can't wait to watch again next year. Congrats to all forum members who showed up and fought hard Phone Post 3.0

110%

There were some great matches to watch as a fan. Saulo looked great.

I'm really disappointed in my performance but can't undo it. Might do ATL in January. Phone Post 3.0

672 - 
BigEyedFish - 

110%

I heard this same thing from our guys who went. Can't wait to roll in this and watch a tourney like this live.

^.....It was a fantastic experience. Now I have to get healed up so I can get back at it Phone Post 3.0

I reffed both days all day and I saw exactly 1 berimbolo and maybe 3 instances of 50/50. I also saw A LOT of stand-up and (pardon the stand-up snobbery) a lot of stand up even by people who had no clue what they were doing on their feet. lol.

I've always noticed a big difference in the respect and friendliness shown by the competitors towards each other in the Masters divisions and tournaments. You just don't see mean mugging or attitudes. The competitors actually seem to look out for each other - even their opponents.

^....A very valid point! After my knee got injured & was finally able to get to my feet, my opponent & another guy from my open division helped med to the medic table. When I was slowly working my way up the steps, somebody I didn't know came over & helped me get the rest of the way up. The atmosphere as a whole was very positive & can't wait go back! Phone Post 3.0