Masvidal Reiterates Plan For 'BMF vs. BMF' Fight Against Gaethje: 'I Will Break His Fucking Orbital'

https://www.mmanews.com/news/jorge-masvidal-reiterates-plan-fight-bmf-justin-gaethje

Jorge Masvidal Reiterates Plan For ‘BMF vs. BMF’ Fight Against Justin Gaethje: ‘I Will Break His F**king Orbital’

Masvidal continues to tease a return.

1 Like

Former UFC star Jorge Masvidal isn’t giving up hope of throwing down with fellow BMF titleholder Justin Gaethje down the line.

Masvidal became the inaugural holder of the ceremonial BMF belt back in 2019, when he had Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson wrap the strap around his waist following a victory over Nate Diaz in the UFC 244 main event.

But while that victory at Madison Square Garden added a third triumph to a star-making year for “Gamebred,” he subsequently lost four straight. His final outing came last April at UFC 287, where Miami witnessed his retirement following a decision defeat at the hands of Gilbert Burns.
But despite hanging up his gloves and turning his attention to a budding career as a promoter, comeback teases have been common occurrence for the former two-time welterweight title challenger.

And Masvidal’s latest has seen some strong words sent the way of his BMF successor…

Masvidal: ‘Hopefully’ Gaethje Fight Can Happen

During a recent interview with LowKick MMA, Masvidal looked ahead to Justin Gaethje’s upcoming defense of the BMF title.

After winning it with a KO of Dustin Poirier at UFC 291 in Salt Lake City last July, “The Highlight” will put the belt on the line against Max Holloway at UFC 300 this coming April.

With BMF defenses now on the table, Masvidal turned his attention back to a potential showdown with Gaethje. While he teased as much following the lightweight contender’s crowning last year, “Gamebred” turned up the hostility with his latest remarks.

“There never was no talk about (defending the BMF title), at least for me. But I think now, the temperature on that theme has changed,” Masvidal said. "Justin’s very good. The guy that he beat to get that belt is a f**king stud, a killer in Dustin Poirier.

“But I just feel like, man, if you put BMF against BMF, you put me against Gaethje in there, I will break his fking eye orbital, and I will fking chop him up,” Masvidal continued. “So hopefully that can happen at some point.”

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/status/1742002130032992646?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1742002130032992646|twgr^831b0309d1b7279f0d129fd9f177e829903fe533|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmanews.com%2Fnews%2Fjorge-masvidal-reiterates-plan-fight-bmf-justin-gaethje

Gaethje will sleep that thug worse than Usman did.

1 Like

Last pic I saw of Jorge looked like he should be fighting at HW.

2 Likes

Looked like Jorge Masvidal ate Jorge Masvidal in that video from a couple weeks back

The idea of BMF titles being defended is fuckin retarded. Almost as retarded as having a BMF belt to begin with.

Also, Masvidal should fight Big Country at the next gamebred event

1 Like

Lol no way

1 Like

Reddit comments are funny.
Massvidal
Cornbred
Gorge
Street Buddha

1 Like

It’s a legit pic but did him no favors with the angle and lighting lol