Matt Godden on Open Mat Radio

On this week's show we have Matt Godden. Matt is an Alliance brown belt and has trained with some of the best in the game. We discuss the challenges of training without a blackbelt head coach in the academy, how to choose an affiliation and tips for training in Brazil. We also discuss the grappling scene in Western New York and Toronto. You'll hear some great stories about Jordon Schultz, Chuck Anzalone and how Paul got smoked in his first tournament. Be sure to check out Facebook.com/DoubleGoldBJJ for about Matt and www.OpenMatRadio.com for more on OMR.

http://www.openmatradio.com/2013/10/20/episode-88-matt-godden/

Not that I have any bias... but... Best episode ever.

Couldn't agree more Matt! Matt and I are the reason OpenMatRadio is an audio podcast and not a video one. Seriously though, we cover a lot of topics that are really dear to both of us. I think there are probably a lot more people in Matt's situation than in mine (training without a blackbelt on the mat vs training with a red and blackbelt). I'm really interested in what people have to say about that. Please drop us a comment here or on OpenMatRadio.com

Thanks!

Paul

Quick example of the Double Gold BJJ vids