Matt Hughes Tells What Led To Train Accident

Most dumbass city boys have the sense to understand how to operate a vehicle near a railroad crossing.

1 Like

What season do the crops keep you from being able to stop when you see train tracks? Or does it get so high that you cant see the road in front if you?

You know we have railroad crossings in the city right? Along with light rail tracks, tram tracks, etc.

I may be a dumbass city boy, but Iā€™ve never been hit by a train like that smart country boy Matt Hughes. Fortunately though, a country boy can survive.

2 Likes

You donā€™t sayā€¦

WTF do you city boys know about country breakfasts??

1 Like

Youā€™ll never understand, dork.

Some of the posts on here are really SAD.

This is much more evident of the way the forum has went to have people literally making fun of a personā€™s handicap, let alone a HOF UFC champ.

Matt wasnā€™t paying enough attention and this cost him his normal life. Unfortunate.

I can believe that when the crops are full grown it is difficult to see a train coming. Definitely a country thing, and I mean real country. I think he got complacent, glanced too briefly and went for it hoping there wasnā€™t anything there.

Some of the places I work at while pipelining have the most dangerous railroad crossings. I was just in northwestern IL and between the steep slopes of the hills and the lack of signage at train crossings, there were several locations where I instructed teamsters to get out of their trucks and check before crossing. The crops do a great job of muffling the sound, there are no buildings for the sound to reverberate off of and in podunk bumblefuck most trains donā€™t even use the horn, they just assume.

If you hear a train blast the horn way more than it is needed, chances are he has hit something before like a car, a pedestrian, etc.

3 Likes

I got a weird add on this topic:

Maybe because youā€™re too retarded to explain it? I keep asking questions and you keep getting confused. Looks like country boys arent that smart after all. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I understand. I do this for a living. I am a professional Railroader, and as someone who has to protect his Union brethren after incidents, I have become somewhat of an expert in these matters. You are wrong. You have no excuse if you get hit at a railroad crossing. The feds are, and have for years been very hot on proper horn usage at grade Crossings. An engineer risks severe professional penalties, including major civil and potentially criminal liability if he doesnā€™t operate per rule.

A car or truck stops much faster and much more effectively than a train. One of the principles of navigation of any means since the Inception of human travel by vehicle has been that the more mobile craft yields to the less mobile craft.

But then you are also the Rhodes Scholar who thinks that riding his bicycle while hindering traffic is no big deal.

6 Likes

But are you a country railroader because Iā€™ve heard that country railroading is waaaaayyyyy different than city railroading.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been both in my career. I used to run freight, now I switched to passenger for a better home life.

Dude, everyone knows Hughes acted like a piece of shit long before that.

You know, like a fucking a teammateā€™s wife while renting a room in his house? Bible thumping Matt Hughes did that. Heā€™s also a domestic violence committing piece of shit.

If people stopped covering for him and were objective and honest about all of his behavior, heā€™d be one of the biggest pieces of shit youā€™ve ever heard about.

2 Likes

Whose wife was it?

1 Like

This thread has turned out better than I expected.

Not country better, city better.

Have you ever noticed the obsession country songs have with talking about how stupid city folk are? There is some kind of inferiority complex they have. Iā€™ve lived in cities and rural areas. Iā€™m not either city nor country folk.

Country songs?

There are some ogers who do the same thing all the time lol

Geek

Geek