Matt mitrione future champ!?

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -
HBwrestler - 
dmjr98 -  A VD over an opinion!? Sheesh Phone Post

Voted up. whatever happened to freedom of speech.

gave him an up too

Thank you my good sirs! Phone Post

HBwrestler -

Cain Velasquez is way to young and well rounded to ever let Matt get the belt.

Especially if Jon Jones end up at HW there is no chance.

If he was able to keep the fight standing I'd say he has a shot. At this point he doesn't have the wrestling or cardio but I think his fight with brendan will say alot about where he's at in the hvw div. Btw I've got meathead via ko in rnd 2 Phone Post

Anderson P. Sonnen - I can see him breaking in and sitting comfortably in the top ten, but I don't see him finding success in the top five. Matt has gotten much better overall as of late, but that's more credited to his striking. Even with great stand up, I could see guys like Hunt, Barry, Gonzaga, and even Nog giving him big problems. Still, I love to watch Meathead go at it and I hope he does big things in the HW division this year. At this point in his career, he needs to. Phone Post

I could see him top 5 along with cain,reem,jds and dc. I don't see gonzaga giving him any problems. Meathead and hunt would be an epic fight IMO, has ko of the night written all over it. Phone Post

Reckoner - lol
. Phone Post 3.0

He'll never be at Cain/JDS level.

Don't think he'll ever be at Cormier/Bigfoot/Reem/Werdum level either.

Of those, he probably has the best shot against Bigfoot, on account of Bigfoot being slow and Meathead being very quick. But if Kongo can takedown+GNP him, Bigfoot could do bad, bad things to him.

dmj98 - I could see him top 5 along with cain,reem,jds and dc. I don't see gonzaga giving him any problems. Meathead and hunt would be an epic fight IMO, has ko of the night written all over it.

There's no way Hunt loses to Meathead, unless Meathead becomes a top-level wrestler out of absolutely nowhere.

DaemonDragon - He'll never be at Cain/JDS level.

Of those, he probably has the best shot against Bigfoot, on account of Bigfoot being slow and Meathead being very quick. But if Kongo can takedown+GNP him, Bigfoot could do bad, bad things to him.
dmj98 - I could see him top 5 along with cain,reem,jds and dc. I don't see gonzaga giving him any problems. Meathead and hunt would be an epic fight IMO, has ko of the night written all over it.

There's no way Hunt loses to Meathead, unless Meathead becomes a top-level wrestler out of absolutely nowhere.

Yea his wrestling isn't his strong point but they just brought Kenny Monday in as the wrestling coach so I'm interested in seeing what that dies for his ground game.

Meathead is fast than hunt and not by a little bit. Him knocking out hunt isn't far fetched. Phone Post

Doubt it. But the Schaub fight will be telling. Both are very athletic for HW and both are ex pro football players with great hands. Both have also been one punched by Big Country who has and will retire with a better overall career than both IMO. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_SidRival - Doubt it. But the Schaub fight will be telling. Both are very athletic for HW and both are ex pro football players with great hands. Both have also been one punched by Big Country who has and will retire with a better overall career than both IMO. Phone Post 3.0
I do like meathead though and always hope for the best for him. Phone Post 3.0

I lost all respect for him when he disrespected Tito Ortiz. Phone Post 3.0

y'all ghoshin ina droll schmed

he can`t beat Cain, Overeem, JDS , Carwin, dare I say Travis Browne

dmjr98 - 

Yea his wrestling isn't his strong point but they just brought Kenny Monday in as the wrestling coach so I'm interested in seeing what that dies for his ground game.

Meathead is fast than hunt and not by a little bit. Him knocking out hunt isn't far fetched. Phone Post

No Meathead is not quicker or faster than Hunt.

For a big man, Hunt is amazingly fast in short attacking bursts.  Covers distance very, very quickly and explosively.

And Meathead will not (repeat not) ever KO Hunt.  Ain't happening.  Anyone in the UFC HW division KO'ing Hunt is a very long shot at best.  Roy, Hunt, Cabbage....heads of concrete.

Hunt is a way better and more versatile striker than Meathead ever will be.

Hunts TDD is much better than Meatheads takedowns, Hunts BJJ is probably quite a bit better as well.

Hunt via TKO/KO in the first or second round.

dmjr98 - A VD over an opinion!? Sheesh Phone Post
I voted you down for complaining about being voted down. Man up champ. Phone Post 3.0

13fingers - Don't think so.

All I know is.......

I was at Ego Grappling tourney in Greenwood, IN last week and Matt was there. He competed and got taken down twice. After losing and yelling swear words he walked away eff bombing in front of the whole kids division. Then he spent the next hour at least complaining about the reff and putting the other guy down. Excuse after excuse and making a scene. Everybody around was shaking their heads and laughing at him. Poor sport.

Seriously? Phone Post

It funny to think this guy would ever have a chance at a title. I like watching him dont get me wrong but I can't help to notice he always comes up short, he just lacks that superior talent others have in that division. Mitrione is barley a gatekeeper in my eyes. I say he gets a few more wins over some better guys first before anyone really tries to throw him in the title mix. Maybe a fight with Pat Berry? Id be excited for that..

ShawnTheBadger -
dmjr98 - 

No Meathead is not quicker or faster than Hunt.

For a big man, Hunt is amazingly fast in short attacking bursts.  Covers distance very, very quickly and explosively.

And Meathead will not (repeat not) ever KO Hunt.  Ain't happening.  Anyone in the UFC HW division KO'ing Hunt is a very long shot at best.  Roy, Hunt, Cabbage....heads of concrete.

Hunt is a way better and more versatile striker than Meathead ever will be.

Hunts TDD is much better than Meatheads takedowns, Hunts BJJ is probably quite a bit better as well.

Hunt via TKO/KO in the first or second round.

If meathead beats schaub and hunt loses to jds we just might have our answer. Phone Post

Anderson P. Sonnen -
13fingers - Don't think so.

All I know is.......

I was at Ego Grappling tourney in Greenwood, IN last week and Matt was there. He competed and got taken down twice. After losing and yelling swear words he walked away eff bombing in front of the whole kids division. Then he spent the next hour at least complaining about the reff and putting the other guy down. Excuse after excuse and making a scene. Everybody around was shaking their heads and laughing at him. Poor sport.

Seriously? Phone Post

Wow I hope this isn't true Phone Post

DaleSonnen - It funny to think this guy would ever have a chance at a title. I like watching him dont get me wrong but I can't help to notice he always comes up short, he just lacks that superior talent others have in that division. Mitrione is barley a gatekeeper in my eyes. I say he gets a few more wins over some better guys first before anyone really tries to throw him in the title mix. Maybe a fight with Pat Berry? Id be excited for that..

I feel where you're coming from. I just see the potential in him to be one if the best.like Shawnthebadger said A's long as he doesn't injure himself it's definitely a possibility. Him and pat would be a dope fight! Phone Post

Meathead and Barry are BFFs, they've trained together, I highly doubt they would fight.

dmjr98 - Meathead is fast than hunt and not by a little bit. Him knocking out hunt isn't far fetched.

As the other guy said, Meathead is not faster than Hunt. He is more agile and might have faster footwork, but his hand speed is well below Hunt's. Hunt has good kicks as well.

And him knocking out Hunt is definitely far-fetched. Hunt has only been KOed once, that's by Manhoef who probably hits quite a bit harder than Meathead despite being a MW.

Other than that I can't even recall Hunt getting rocked his whole career, much of which was against K-1 beasts (and I mean real K-1 when it was good, not the bush league K-1 of these days). Anyone can get KOed, but Hunt is amongst the least likely HWs to get KOed in the UFC.

Hunt is just a terrible matchup for Meathead. Very hard to see him pulling that win off. Roy handled him pretty easily, and Hunt strikes better than Roy.