Matt mitrione future champ!?

The guy is extremely athletic with solid ko power. Despite getting caught by Roy he showed great improvement in his stand up (particularly his kicks) and overall movement in that fight. If his striking keeps going in the direction that it is and he his wrestling improves he could be champ in a year or 2 or at least top 5 in the hvw div Phone Post

I like Mitrione and it would be awesome if he kept getting better and eventually got that belt. Unfortunately it seems like he may have started a bit late and has alot of ground to make up.

Lol your a little late on the Mitrione bandwagon bro, I was real high on him coming into the Kongo fight and still thought he had a good chance against Big Country .
A win over Phil de fries doesn't get the wheels going again on the wagon
I wish him the best though always been a fan Phone Post

haha, can you imagine? wait, are we live? the UFC belt?! no Phone Post

Nope

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

:-)

I hear his ground game is less than superb.

Pitbull3744 - He actually has tons of potential to get better and his age is nothing he moves like lighting for a HW. Phone Post 3.0

My point exactly. He has the potential to be an elite fighter if he keeps on the track he's on. Phone Post

A VD over an opinion!? Sheesh Phone Post

MMABaseball - Lol your a little late on the Mitrione bandwagon bro, I was real high on him coming into the Kongo fight and still thought he had a good chance against Big Country .
A win over Phil de fries doesn't get the wheels going again on the wagon
I wish him the best though always been a fan Phone Post

No bandwagon been a fan since tuf. Just sayin if he continues to show improvement he could give a good challenge to the champ. Phone Post

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

I hear his ground game is less than superb.

Which is probably why he turned down dc Phone Post

He's 34-years old.  Barring any injuries, it is possible.  But I don't see him gaining enough skills in the next 2-3 years to become Champ.

It's impressive enough that he has done as well as he has given his limited years in combat sports.

Cain Velasquez is way to young and well rounded to ever let Matt get the belt.

Especially if Jon Jones end up at HW there is no chance.

I can see him breaking in and sitting comfortably in the top ten, but I don't see him finding success in the top five. Matt has gotten much better overall as of late, but that's more credited to his striking. Even with great stand up, I could see guys like Hunt, Barry, Gonzaga, and even Nog giving him big problems. Still, I love to watch Meathead go at it and I hope he does big things in the HW division this year. At this point in his career, he needs to. Phone Post

dmjr98 - 

A VD over an opinion!? Sheesh Phone Post

Voted up. whatever happened to freedom of speech.

Safe travels, Poptarts.

Schaub by KO! Phone Post 3.0

HBwrestler - 
dmjr98 -  A VD over an opinion!? Sheesh Phone Post

Voted up. whatever happened to freedom of speech.

gave him an up too

Matt is definitely good (and athletic), I don't think he will crack the top five at any point though. It takes a different kind of animal to get in the cage and be competitive with dudes like Cain and Junior.