Matt Serra: "Khabib turned down 100 million to fight Floyd, and I made GSP tap to strikes"

How come Khabib never got finished by average fighters like Matt Serra in  his prime? | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Inventor of the Swick-o-tein, speaking the truth.

He clearly taps.

1 Like

Khabib is in a position to make that kind of money outside of the cage. Smart of him to not fuck up his rep with a loss to Floyd.

1 Like

Lots of people don’t seem to understand that money isn’t everything to everyone.

Khabib has enough money for lifetimes I’m sure. $100MM is always nice but he literally doesn’t need it and doesn’t seem to care enough to build a stockpile of useless wealth through silly sporting exhibitions.

People can’t fathom turning down millions to embarrass yourself in front of everyone.

3 Likes

This. I’m
Still a bit disappointed in Askren for getting embarrassed for a few hundred thousand

2 Likes

Ben’s official salary was $500k - that doesn’t include any ppv bonuses or advertising money he made.

Well, he’s not wrong.

2 Likes

2 Likes

One of the most iconic champ expressions of all time

2 Likes

It would have been a fake boxing fight anyway like these circus fights are.

Logan Paul actually put up a better fake fight against Floyd than Conor did and didn’t get finished.

Khabib is not a clown like Conor and doesn’t need to tarnish himself.

Khabib refusing to be humiliated by Floyd for a big paycheck is admirable.

One of the few UFC fighters with self respect and dignity

I’d normally fight your backhanded comment, but it is the truth.

Unless this fight was 1 rd boxing 1 rd mma and so on and so on. Then the last round being mma isnt even remotely fair given the gap between these two individuals as far as pure boxing skill goes. Just like the same goes vice versa in terms of grappling.

Khabib didnt need this fight to be as big as he is. Thats the simple truth. Does he have Mayweather money? Maybe not at this moment.

But a huge population on this planet worship his character and his career, moreso than Floyd.

1 Like

Mystique is better than money.

Because mystique makes money and lets you keep a high amount of respect.

If Khabib and Floyd had fought they would have just danced around the ring like Logan and Floyd though. Another fake fight.

All that shit tarnishes legacy.

1 Like