Matt Serra...

Its true of all sports, coaches ragging on players (or in this case fighters). And it is also true that in order to be a coach, you do not HAVE to be a stellar athlete in the sport you coach. Probably 99% of coaches, including boxing trainers, were not very good as amatuers or pros, but proved they had a better mind for the sport.

I think Laimon's demeanor, perhaps being catty and juvenile, especially in the face of Serra, knowing Serra's history with the Gracies, is what was especially irksome.

"Its true of all sports, coaches ragging on players (or in this case fighters). And it is also true that in order to be a coach, you do not HAVE to be a stellar athlete in the sport you coach. Probably 99% of coaches, including boxing trainers, were not very good as amatuers or pros, but proved they had a better mind for the sport."

Yep..

The fact that you don't have to be a fighter to understand fighting, in my eyes already disproves Laimons worth.

Listen, technique is one thing, but their is a whole psychological side to fighting that Laimon has no clue about. Only fighters can truly understand what a fighter goes through. Yes there are coaches that no what it takes and never professionally competeted. But Laimon hasn't proven to be one of them.

Laimon is a jackass.

for everyone that keeps saying that lemon looked like he was on top or dominating,maybe,just maybe......they were doing drills. drills like........nevermind

Considering Serra has trained closely with Renzo and other Gracies for the
last 10 plus years, I would have no problem taking what he heard about
Rickson and his skills from Rickson's cousins as truth. I just have a hard
time listening to someone disrespect the people that gave them a start,
not only in a place to train, but for the entire sport they make money off
of.

"Laimon's right about the Gracies and has EVERY RIGHT to talk shit about them, considering he actually knows what he's talking about on that front."

No, he doesn't. He's a piece of shit. Without the Gracies, Laimon would be instructing at Cobra Cai Karate. There would be no BJJ without the Gracies and he's a disrespectful POS.

I lost all respect for Laimon after the Ryron match. How could you basically attempt zero submissions , employ lay and pray tactics , and barely escape two very tight footlocks and after the match act like you won something significant with all of your students running on to the mat like a bad disney movie .Maybe Rorion knew what he was doing by not showing this guy anything but basic BJJ .He was trying to save our ears from years of torture.

'There would be no BJJ without the Gracies and he's a disrespectful POS. '

Very well said. Marc Laimon = zero class. He should step into the ring or STFU.

i truly dislike laimon....truly

"marc didn't say anything that is untrue. saying royce got destroyed is a truth"

marc clearly was happy that royce got "destroyed" and even went as far as to say it was awesome. That is fine for him to feel that way but... he showed ignorance in expressing his feelings the way he did  in front of a friend of Royce. If somebody was talking that crap about a friend of mine after a loss like that I would have a hard time being so passive as Matt was. I would love to diss Marc but I have too much class for that like Serra.

Laimon came off like an ass. He is there as a trainer and he talked shit about someone who is a hero of and a friend to other fighters in the room.
He was trying to be an asshole and it worked.
You can badmouth whoever you want but it is obnoxious to do it in front of friends of that individual in a professional setting.