Maybe tferg shouldn't have made weight last time

colubrid1 - I mentioned it in a earlier thread that the double weight cut in two weeks for Tony was not good.

It’s certainly not going to help. The body isn’t designed to do it multiple times over a short period of time. ‘Long training camp’ was Tony’s reference to it. 

evh -

didnt look like the same tony

Half the size too. 

Maybe he was rocked from the early shots and he was on auto pilot

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
MasterofMartialArts -
wiggum - had nothing to do with it. justin fought perfectly.

And Tony fought terribly. Really, really uncharacteristically terribly. 

Justin looked great but it wasn’t as simple as that as far as I could see. I mean, even Tony’s body looked different, 

Nah I think he looked the same, I actually think Tony has been past his prime for a couple of years now. I think all of the injuries and crazy training is catching up to him. His last few fights were good matchups for him. Justin was a bad one. Justin has a pretty clear speed advantage and no weird shit Tony did could disguise that. 

Nah. Most people don’t seem to agree, and for good reason (i.e. he looked like death before the fight even started...)

Ok man. I honestly don’t see the difference. He always looks weird, acts weird, fights weird. Nothing about any of this seems unusual for Tony. He fought like he normally does and lost to the better fighter. 

MasterofMartialArts - 
MasterofMartialArts -
wiggum - had nothing to do with it. justin fought perfectly.

And Tony fought terribly. Really, really uncharacteristically terribly. 

Justin looked great but it wasn’t as simple as that as far as I could see. I mean, even Tony’s body looked different, 

Nah I think he looked the same, I actually think Tony has been past his prime for a couple of years now. I think all of the injuries and crazy training is catching up to him. His last few fights were good matchups for him. Justin was a bad one. Justin has a pretty clear speed advantage and no weird shit Tony did could disguise that. 

Nah. Most people don’t seem to agree, and for good reason (i.e. he looked like death before the fight even started...)

Ok man. I honestly don’t see the difference. He always looks weird, acts weird, fights weird. Nothing about any of this seems unusual for Tony. He fought like he normally does and lost to the better fighter. 

I agree with you.

Watch Tony v. Cowboy and Pettis. Same fighter. Different opponent.

1 Like

Tony’s knees are shot. He can’t move or post off his feet like he needs to. 

Tony couldn't pressure like he usually does and Justin fought smart and didn't over extend himself. Justin is faster with more technique and power.  Tony couldn't make it his fight or dictate the pace.

He's pretty old. Needed to fight khabib 3 years ago

He legit looks 10 years older than the last time he fought