'Mayhem' arrested for domestic violence

Well, the problem with mental disorders and meds is that it can often be a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with the brain. There are few solid tests to diagnose people accurately to the degree we can with other illnesses such as strep, MRSA, flu, HIV, etc.

So the psychiatrist can assess your condition and give you something that typically changes you slowly over time to the degree that it's hard to perceive the change internally, or they can give you something fast-acting that can make you like a shell.

It may not be very likely, but sometimes it can be like a chemical Russian roulette and if you get the bad roll, you go off the deep end or become suicidal. More likely, the med may not work (incompatible, incorrect diagnoses and patient needs something else) so... you come off and have a rebound effect or you take a new one while weaning off the old one and roll the dice once again.

I could be wrong, but perhaps Mayhem simply feels he's better off with his "known" illness versus taking a chance with meds, maybe he got bad ones, who knows?

The thing to remember with mental illness is that it's not simply like "gosh I feel bad" and you can measure a fever with a thermometer or look at your o2 saturation. Some people are really tormented. Imagine being completely paralyzed but aware. What would you do, "go nuts?" Exactly. He needs all the support he can get for sure.

KnowKontrol -
cWa - Phone Post
Da fuq? Phone Post 3.0

Noob! Phone Post

Most of you won't remember because it was before TUF, but he also had an incedent in like 05.  BnE and assult. 

MMA was clearly his outlet for mental regulation. He needs to get back into it. I still think he's got a perfect opportunity to jump on the Bellator/TNA bandwagon.

jaytrainwreck -
liquidrob - Umm, I thought the "UG News" doesn't do stories like this?
That only applies to LI. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

krept - Well, the problem with mental disorders and meds is that it can often be a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with the brain. There are few solid tests to diagnose people accurately to the degree we can with other illnesses such as strep, MRSA, flu, HIV, etc.

So the psychiatrist can assess your condition and give you something that typically changes you slowly over time to the degree that it's hard to perceive the change internally, or they can give you something fast-acting that can make you like a shell.

It may not be very likely, but sometimes it can be like a chemical Russian roulette and if you get the bad roll, you go off the deep end or become suicidal. More likely, the med may not work (incompatible, incorrect diagnoses and patient needs something else) so... you come off and have a rebound effect or you take a new one while weaning off the old one and roll the dice once again.

I could be wrong, but perhaps Mayhem simply feels he's better off with his "known" illness versus taking a chance with meds, maybe he got bad ones, who knows?

The thing to remember with mental illness is that it's not simply like "gosh I feel bad" and you can measure a fever with a thermometer or look at your o2 saturation. Some people are really tormented. Imagine being completely paralyzed but aware. What would you do, "go nuts?" Exactly. He needs all the support he can get for sure.
Great post Phone Post 3.0

Sad Phone Post

PrettyBoy - 
krept - Well, the problem with mental disorders and meds is that it can often be a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with the brain. There are few solid tests to diagnose people accurately to the degree we can with other illnesses such as strep, MRSA, flu, HIV, etc.

Great post Phone Post 3.0

That would be a great post if he wasn't giving his meds to other people...

You have to actually take your meds to be accessed. Mental illness is not treated when the person doesn't actually attempt to get better.

Hopefully, this gets him the attention he needs that requires him to actually be treated.

Don't bother asking how I know all of this or for a source. It's first hand, documented and has deeply wounded my family. The only reason I can deal with this crap is because the people affected deserve my attention.... not him.

Norrin Radd - He is as good a burglar as he is a fighter. Phone Post 3.0

haha nice

ttt for the mugshot

ArtMinaj - 

Most of you won't remember because it was before TUF, but he also had an incedent in like 05.  BnE and assult. 

We wouldn't know about the story that's posted on page 3 of this thread?

I feel bad for him, hope all is well and this is all a misunderstanding.

I'm almost certain that he thought about the the UG while sitting in his cell

"Those mofo's on the UG will be laughing there asses of sons of bitchtes"

How far he has fallen is amazing

Poor bastard....needs to stay ON his meds. Seriously.

Tru -

wow.

3 years in a row in the month of August Mayhem was arrested

august 2011-fight with his sister

august 2012-incident at the church

august 2013--current incident

I wonder if there is something about august that triggers him negatively.

Nice observation Phone Post

Chomas - 

Now they are saying he was arrested for domestic violence not burglary. Phone Post

Where did you read this?

krept - Well, the problem with mental disorders and meds is that it can often be a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with the brain. There are few solid tests to diagnose people accurately to the degree we can with other illnesses such as strep, MRSA, flu, HIV, etc.

Voted up.  Great post.

I have a long and troubled past.  Some folks on this forum would call me a career-criminal.  I have more arrests, for worse offenses, than Mayhem.

It took me 25 years and half-a-dozen shrinks to get myself fully under control.  Two happy pills a day, and I still talk to my shrink every couple of weeks as mental-health maintenence.

"Just stop, grow up, act like an adult, don't do that, you should know better, calm down, quit being so mad, stop your anti-social behaviors, control your temper....blah, blah, blah"  Well-intentioned but ignorant statements I heard over and over and over.

It is NOT always that easy for everyone.  I wish it had been.  When you are legitmately damaged goods, troubled and have serious issues, it is often impossible to "stop" without professional help.

I can empathize with him.  Good people, folks with issues, often do bad things.

I wish Mayhem the best.

Madrugadao - Hopefully it is nothing too serious and I wish him the best. I seem to remember another domestic violence case that involved his sister and amounted to nothing.

Nice to see all the go getters from the UG shitting on the guy. Let's see how well you navigate this life as you grow up and start experiencing that grown man shit.
So being an adult now makes you want to commit crimes over and over? I am close to his age and have zero desire to break into public places or homes. Phone Post 3.0

Story was updated. It's no longer attempted burglary; it's now domestic violence and his parents bailed him out.<br /><br />http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/11/4612128/breaking-jason-mayhem-miller-charged-with-attempted-burglary&lt;br />

" the official charge is Domestic Violence 273.5 PC. Miller was released at 12:21 AM local time on bond and is now in the care of his family."