Maynard to Appeal Decision

Maynard is going to appeal the decision of the Georgia State Athletic Commission.   The appeal could be heard as early as September 11.

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=4574

Yeah, I expected this.

ttt

and the answer will still be no.....

Kyle really needs to pick his battles. This certainly is not the battle he wants to argue on if he might want to compete in actual MMA one day.

On the scale of things Ammy GA MMA is like the lowest scale MMA on the planet, especially with the rule changes for Kyle. I suspect if Kyle ever wanted to be in actual pro MMA he has a bigger fight ahead of him.

"especially with the rule changes for Kyle."

It's been made abundantly clear that there are no rule changes being suggested or expected for Kyle. Hell if Kyle has posted that on this forum.

"It's been made abundantly clear that there are no rule changes being suggested or expected for Kyle. Hell if Kyle has posted that on this forum."

Oh ok, then when the fighter who is fighting Kyle asks him to stand so punches and kicks are going to be thrown what's going to happen?

In normal MMA with no rule changes if you don't follow the ref's commands like "Stand up" you get penalized. So then the fight will last all of 10 seconds as Kyle obviously can't comply with the current rule set.

But, if Kyle is allowed to be grounded the entire time that would be changing the rules wouldn't it. Because then he couldn't be asked to stand up.

Thanks for making that abundantly clear.

Dave your a DICK! Why don't you come to Georgia and Kyle will make you his bitch!

"Id like to know who is stepping up to fight him."

Don't you mean kneeling down to fight him?

ttt

"Oh ok, then when the fighter who is fighting Kyle asks him to stand so punches and kicks are going to be thrown what's going to happen?"

Kyle has stated on this forum more than once that he can assume a "standing" position. Since he has done so his entire wrestling career I don't see why anyone would question the validity of that statement.

He was able to wrestle in high school with no special rules. Wrestling has the requirement that a wrestler standup if his opponent chooses as well.

Let it go.

Pro MMA - not a good choice.
GA Amateur MMA - great choice.

He was applying to fight GA amateur MMA and should be allowed to compete under those rules.

Also, he can defend punches on the ground and good luck to anyone in his weight class keeping him on his back.

ttt

There's no way he should be allowed to fight MMA. Unless there are others like him who want to fight him... We have the Special Olympics, why not a Special UFC?

LOL jk. I don't want to see this guy fighting though.

Just learned a buddy of mine was appointed to the GSAC. He'll uphold the current ruling, but maybe an opportunity to get some of the other crappy rules changed.

Bray email me cfretwell@mindpurge.com.