Mayweather highest paid purse 4 MMA fight

Hahaha, he’ll break that record if he steps into the Octagon. He’ll get taken down and submitted though .

i doubt he will ever step into the Octagon

Imagine if all theses years he's been secretly training some jiujitsu and wrestling . XD

ShawnRocknRoll -

Imagine if all theses years he's been secretly training some jiujitsu and wrestling . XD

Honestly, Mayweather is shrewd enough that I would not be surprised if he was doing something like that aha.

Cheers

If he does, it will obviously be vs Conor - like they had said during the promo tour for the boxing match (or in an interview during that time).

He will NOT, nor will the UFC put him up against, a ground guy. He made them and Conor way too much money, and will again if he fights a one-time MMA fight.

Plus it will likely be a gentleman’s agreement (secretly of course) for the stand-up fighter not to try anything non-striking.

May/Mac 2, electric boogaloo.

Itd be interesting IF Floyd does fight in an MMA bout under the UFC banner. Not just because of the fight, but becuase Floyd is used to putting the show on, taking a cut of everything, and negotiating rules and specifics.

If he fights in the UFC, what could he control? The rules are dead set and very unlikely to be altered. What all does he get a cut of? Normally he (reportedly) gets a cut of everything including concession sales in the arena. Is he just getting a purse and PPV cut? Or does the UFC let him get a piece of the gate, ads, merch, etc.?

I think the negotiations and contract details will be more interesting than the fight itself, probably more competitive too lol.

But if he just trains and ends up having takedown defense like Chuck Liddel, then he will be Dangerous

Floyd going to bring in Jordon Burroughs to help with his takedown defense probably, lol.

More likely if he wants in on Dana’s boxing promotion to box McGregor again for some easy money.

Too Rude - Itd be interesting IF Floyd does fight in an MMA bout under the UFC banner. Not just because of the fight, but becuase Floyd is used to putting the show on, taking a cut of everything, and negotiating rules and specifics.

If he fights in the UFC, what could he control? The rules are dead set and very unlikely to be altered. What all does he get a cut of? Normally he (reportedly) gets a cut of everything including concession sales in the arena. Is he just getting a purse and PPV cut? Or does the UFC let him get a piece of the gate, ads, merch, etc.?

I think the negotiations and contract details will be more interesting than the fight itself, probably more competitive too lol.

nsac pay, ppv, merchandise, gate sales, food and beverage, parking sales, you name and may gets a cut of it

Don't hold your breath people.

uniquetechnique - 

But if he just trains and ends up having takedown defense like Chuck Liddel, then he will be Dangerous

Not sure why you would think this. Chuck had plenty of grappling skills even though he didn’t use them except to defend takedowns and stand back up. You can’t survive in high level mma with ‘just takedown defense’. It takes years of grappling training to even get back to your feet when being taken down by an elite ground fighter.

Secondly, I don’t think you have any reason to believe Mayweather’s boxing would translate well to mma. It’s a completely different sport.

The haters will say that Mayweather has a chance in mma. But with Conor it was “It’s a totally different sport”. 

Conor will kill Floyd. He is a pretty awesome grappler (go watch how he dominated Max on the ground), he just prefers to knock fuckers out. 

A couple of leg kicks and a left hand and then a takedown and submission.   It’ll look easy. Because it’ll be easy.  

Too Rude - Itd be interesting IF Floyd does fight in an MMA bout under the UFC banner. Not just because of the fight, but becuase Floyd is used to putting the show on, taking a cut of everything, and negotiating rules and specifics.

He wouldn’t be directly paying the referee like he does in his boxing shows…

Conor would easily ko him within 3 rounds, probably a lot sooner. Completely different footwork, small gloves means no Philly Shell and defense fighting. 

GaGas Soldier -
uniquetechnique - 

Not sure why you would think this. Chuck had plenty of grappling skills even though he didn’t use them except to defend takedowns and stand back up. You can’t survive in high level mma with ‘just takedown defense’. It takes years of grappling training to even get back to your feet when being taken down by an elite ground fighter.

Secondly, I don’t think you have any reason to believe Mayweather’s boxing would translate well to mma. It’s a completely different sport.

He was my old teammate during his prime. A solid Blue belt at the time, he was awarded his Purple from

John Lewis after TIto bs Chuck 2. Was there when Chuck and Tito were good friends and teammates, 

Chuck didn’t have great BJJ skills but his takedown defense was probably the best during that time and probably Top 20 right now