Mayweather tries on Maidana's gloves: HELL NO!!!!

As painful as this is to admit out loud, Floyd is in the right here. Those gloves are Jake Shields shady.

Oven mitts Phone Post 3.0

skullboy - It's so simple to clear this up. Let Mayweather have the gloves tested with a sonogram to see what's inside and just post the pics on his Facebook...

Sorry, I'll let myself out.

See you when you post again in another 18 months or so...

Remember when Nassem Hamed pulled this BS with Marco Barrera before their fight ?
Didn't work out to well for Naz did it !!!

Those worn out gloves were the ones he was going to wear? I thought they put on brand new out of the package gloves under commission supervision. Phone Post 3.0

Redistabrution... Thay no muh fuckn paddin...

Joking aside those blue gloves looked off right away, I'm a Floyd hater but those gloves were suspect. Seems like an easy problem to solve.

Alumynabjj -
gammo2184 - 
KnockoutThoughts -
xsrg95 -
KnockoutThoughts - Here is the truth. The blue ones with the argentinian flag are customs, therefore not approved by the commission. The red model shown here:
here:http://www.shopeverlast.com/mx-professional-fight-gloves.html

Are the same exact model as the blue ones, except they are approved by the commision as they are the generic model. They are being approved by the commision, yet Floyd and his team is still refusing. Here's the truth I made mention of earlier: Floyd is aware that there is a real possibility he will get knocked on his ass tomorrow. He is concerned with this fight, and is looking for a way out. The Mayweather team is cowardly. He wants to always come in with an advantage. Against Marquez he came in heavy. When has Floyd ever missed weight? That was intentional. Also, in this scenario he wants to limit how hard contact will be felt. That is not on him to decide. Maidana's gloves are approved. Mayweather will continue to avoid a dreaded L by any means necessary. Pac never had a chance to step in the ring with this coward. Reason why he has been avoided is because he is a serious threat. More so than these gloves. Phone Post 3.0

you're trolling right? crazy stuff if true

No it's the truth. Exact same model of gloves. Just one has been customized with a flag, therefore that particular set has not been individually approved. The stock version of the same glove is approved. Why is it an issue for Floyd if Maidana wears the stock red ones? Phone Post 3.0
Boxers fight in custom gloves all the time....grant often makes custom pairs (colour wise,not weight as that is controlled by weight class n governing body) for all of mayweathers fights! They even do so for Canelo! If u watch the video with the everlast rep he clearly says they only customize colours and not weight so the colour is not the problem here the problem is that either the weight is under what's allowed or the padding isn't adequate enough!

I'm not a mayweather fan at all. Would love to c him get pumped but sadly your wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Of course it is a customized weight as they have to be a certain weight as there is a standard. Are you seriously this easy to trick up?
God do I speak English??? I honestly have no idea what your question is here! Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who has trained for one second in a legitimate boxing gym knows those gloves were 100% tampered. The fact that his camp tried to put that through is disgraceful and I felt PBF handled it quite well. I would have gone crazy if I was him. He is giving that camp it's biggest payday ever and they try to cheat ! Phone Post 3.0

RoysBellyRollzz - Redist...redi...redistri...re...distribution ... Phone Post 3.0
Hahahahah Phone Post 3.0

WOW! That was sooooo obvious even on my shitty phone. Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy - Garcia is shady as fuck those gloves look like they had nothing in them. Phone Post 3.0

Cotto wore the same gloves against him

Floyd is still saying no to the red gloves that were approved, LOL

nothing wrong with raising a concern, however these were approved. Floyd still acting like a bitch. Whatever credibility he had over the original blue gloves is out the window, he is desperate for a way out or an excuse

PrettyBoy -
Steven S -

if he is so good it won't matter the glove. 

You box 12 rounds against one of the hardest hitters in boxing with inadequate padding over the knuckles. Phone Post 3.0
Uhh. I don't think you understand what's happening here. Phone Post 3.0

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Floyd is still saying no to the red gloves that were approved, LOL

nothing wrong with raising a concern, however these were approved. Floyd still acting like a bitch. Whatever credibility he had over the original blue gloves is out the window, he is desperate for a way out or an excuse

He may just be acting like that because they tried to blatantly cheat, I would be pretty pissed too. I seriously doubt he is looking for a way out of what should be an easy payday. i can't stand that little shit btw, just my opinion.

Those must the Everlast's Panama Lewis model Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts - Response to 3 sided square:
Lol...Al..allr...aallri...alright. I understand he doesn't like the glove model at all. What I'm saying is Mayweather and his goonies can't dictate the sport. The comission sets the rules, not Mayweather. That's why the Pac fight never happened, because Mayweather wants to be the Godfather of boxing. He wants to dictate the rules at his whim. No matter how much money he has he will never be greater than the sport. Mayweather's mind game is to impose dominance and control over you before the fight even happens. Same thing he does to his girlfriends. i have this guy's mind game all figured out. To let you know from the jump that this show is all about me, and your dependency on me will make you do what i say. Hence why I will always respect Pac for holding his ground and saying fuck you and your money. It's the principle. you have to maintain your pride. You give in, and you've already lost one stage of the match before even getting in. Your mind has already conceded one loss. I hope Maidana holds his ground. I respect any boxer who stands up for themselves, and doesn't let Mayweather bend them over just because he is in a position of visibility and power. Being grateful for the opportunity is one thing, being his bitch is another.
I am not a Floyd fan at all but him and his team are 100% correct in this situation. And Maidana's team are doing the same exact thing in dictating that Floyd wear the same gloves. It's his corner and teams job to look after their fighter and check the gloves and hand wraps of the opposing fighter. Just think what would of happened if Nasim didn't catch Margarito and his illegal wraps before the Mosley fight. Plus why and the hell would Floyd fight in those gloves with all the hand problems he has had. Phone Post 3.0

I fucking hate Mayweather but he's right here. You can tell just by looking at those gloves that they aren't right. And LOL @ Mayweather being scared. That's ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

46and2degrees -
Johnny D - How I long for the days of 15 rounds and 8 ounce gloves. Phone Post 3.0
Jack Dempsey would destroy both these fools on the same night. Phone Post 3.0
I had the opportunity to spar with some "old school" boxing gloves from way back, not sure what year they were from. They were 6 or 8 ounce and had horse hair in them for the padding, still in pretty good shape from not being used to much. All I can say is it felt like getting hit with an anvil, huge difference compared to today's pro gloves. Gave me a whole new appreciation for the fighters from the early days who went 15 rounds and more so I understand Floyd's concern, he just wants a level playing field and rightfully so. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Floyd is still saying no to the red gloves that were approved, LOL

He may just be acting like that because they tried to blatantly cheat, I would be pretty pissed too. I seriously doubt he is looking for a way out of what should be an easy payday. i can't stand that little shit btw, just my opinion.

I don't know the rules, but if the glove was 8 ounces and it was made by everlast, I wouldn't say he was trying to cheat. Do they specify only certain types of 8 oz gloves can be used? The 2nd pair they tested came right out of the plastic and those were the ones he said he was going to wear on fight night. Different fighters prefer different types of gloves, is this just a new technology where they redistribute the padding? It seems like a slippery slope, an 8 oz glove is an 8 oz glove and there isn't 1 type of set gloves fighters use

Much ado about nothing. Haggling over gloves is nothing new in boxing. Floyd especially likes to haggle because his hand issues force him to use a glove that's very protective over the knuckles. Due to Floyd's stature, he pretty much gets to call the shots on these details. Did the custom blue gloves have a variance? Possibly, but that's nothing new either. No two sets of handmade gloves are exactly identical. That's why camps examine the gloves and are able to disapprove of them. If the Everlast rep vouches for the gloves, then it's safe to say the gloves in question are within normal variances. However, it's still Floyd's right to disapprove of the gloves. Floyd is trying to get Maidana to wear the most padded glove he can, Maidana is trying to wear the least padded. It's just normal gamesmanship. Phone Post 3.0