Mayweather, Tszyu or Gable?

Who had the numero uno work ethic of these 3?

These three trained like FUCKING MONSTERS!!!!!

Haven't trained with any of them so I wouldn't know. Ask Dan the Wolfman.

Im going with Gable. Wrestling has to be complete physical domination. Read about his mindset in one of Sheridan's books, and he was just a complete psycho about perfecting his craft. Phone Post 3.0

There has never been an athlete whose work ethic matched that of Dan Gable, ever. When he was in high school, his sister was raped and murdered by a classmate of Gable's, and before matches he would sit in her room and convince himself that his opponent was the guy who did it. His only loss in hs was in an unofficial match with a teammate his freshman year. He lost only once in college, in his final match, something that still fries his ass over 40 year later.

Switching from folkstye to freestyle he went 97-5, losing only one match internationally. Gable won Olympic Gold without a point being scored on him and then went running the next morning. His work ethic transferred to his coaching, where his team won the NCAAs nine times in a row, a record I do not know the equal of in any collegiate sport.

Dan Gable stands in a class by himself.

Kirik - 

There has never been an athlete whose work ethic matched that of Dan Gable, ever. When he was in high school, his sister was raped and murdered by a classmate of Gable's, and before matches he would sit in her room and convince himself that his opponent was the guy who did it. His only loss in hs was in an unofficial match with a teammate his freshman year. He lost only once in college, in his final match, something that still fries his ass over 40 year later.

Switching from folkstye to freestyle he went 97-5, losing only one match internationally. Gable won Olympic Gold without a point being scored on him and then went running the next morning. His work ethic transferred to his coaching, where his team won the NCAAs nine times in a row, a record I do not know the equal of in any collegiate sport.

he actually moved into her room after it happened

Silhouette -
Kirik - 

Seriously? Phone Post 3.0

rosario00 - 
Silhouette -
Kirik - 

Seriously? Phone Post 3.0

yep, dan gable is probably the toughest dude mentally on the planet in my opinion

His parents wanted to move afterwards but Gable talked them into staying. and he moved his stuff to her room.

Im paraphrasing but he once said that he had to wrestle so good to take that shit off his families' mind

also as far as him imagining the guy who did before wrestling, i have never heard or read that and i read most stuff on gable.

Gable knew John Kyle (the rapist and murderer of his sister). Kyle had even asked sexually about his sister days before. They did not go to school together they lived in the same neighborhood

Any chance of going back on topic, guys? ;-)

hardest worker, don't know about Gable's past work out regime, but Mayweather is the hardest working athlete since Jordan and Rice, maybe even of all time.

Always heard about Gable's work ethic bu don't know much about him though.

Be harder to work more than Floyd though

Carson's Corner radio show - 

Talking about the toughness of one of the people you've suggested be in a toughness contest here doesn't seem THAT far off topic?

I'm talking about work ethic, not mental toughness due to outside problems.

Work ethic with regards to their craft.

Because Gable and Kosta's work ethic was also off the fricking scale!

Tilla - 

Talking about the toughness of one of the people you've suggested be in a toughness contest here doesn't seem THAT far off topic?

I'm talking about work ethic, not mental toughness due to outside problems.

Work ethic with regards to their craft.

If we are talking about work ethic, again, Gable

he would workout 8 hours a day until he couldnt walk, literally

he turned down an invitation to the white house because it would have interrupted his work out schedule

when he was 15 he would wake up at 4am and run 6 miles to work doing construction, his dad drove

If he woke up at night he would do pushup situps and squats, if he still couldnt sleep he would go run a couple miles

he would sprint to his classes at college so he could get a workout in because he knew he would have to be in class

if he had to go to the fridge he would bust out a work out before opening the door, he would also run to the grdocery store (this was before the 72 Olympics)

at 40 he would still outwork college wrestlers, even multi national champs, even now after hip and knee replacements, he still works out 4-6 hours a day

"No one believes you when you tell them how tough a wrestler Gable was. Those of us who worked out with him will be taking it to our graves... people do not understand." Russ Hellickson

That's what I thought, Silhouette. Thanks for posting, what reading material on Gable would you recommend?

theres a lot of old sports illustrated articles that are great, his biography "dan gable the wreslter", coaching wrestling successfully is a book on how he molds champions that gives you a great insight to his mindset.

The chapter on him in A Fighters Mind is really good also

TTT Phone Post 3.0

For more stories of these three that is Phone Post 3.0

Hasn't it already been established that there is an optimal amount of training an athlete should do and that once you go above that point it's overtraining and actually detrimental.

For example, fighters don't run a marathon a day and then spar 12 rounds in the gym. Technically there is enough time in the day to do it, but they would start to break down under that regimen.

havokk_15 - Hasn't it already been established that there is an optimal amount of training an athlete should do and that once you go above that point it's overtraining and actually detrimental.

For example, fighters don't run a marathon a day and then spar 12 rounds in the gym. Technically there is enough time in the day to do it, but they would start to break down under that regimen.

gable didnt believe in over training, an all his matches would show proof of that. He was the best conditioned wrestler period no one else came close.

there are a lot of quotes out there that he just pushed through every limit he reached. From 6 years old the guy worked out non stop. When he lost that last match in the NCAA final (only loss in 9 years), he took it to a whole other level. He was already one of the best conditioned guys ever.

At 40 he was still waxing multiple time national champs in wrestling and out working them in the wrestling room at 40

he paid the price his body is broken, but his name will always be remembered