Mayweather vs Moore Fight Card : Update , Teh Spider on the card

1 Like

Boxing icon Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his return to the squared circle for a special eight-round exhibition match against fellow undefeated pugilist “Dangerous” Don Moore. They’ll do battle in the Global Titans Fight Series pay-per-view (PPV) main event, booked for Sat., May 14, 2022 atop the helicopter landing pad at Burj Al Khalifa Hotel in Dubai.

Mayweather (50-0), who turned 45 back in February, was last seen boxing up social media star Logan Paul last June in Miami. Prior to that, “Money” flew to Japan to school kickboxing phenom Tension Nasukawa under the RIZIN banner. His latest offering has been priced on the economical side, a mere $29.99 on the FITE streaming service.
“Don will come to fight,” Mayweather said during the kickoff press conference. “It’s a little different. Don is going to come and fight and may the best man win. Whereas at the Hard Rock Stadium, Logan Paul talked a good game but didn’t come to fight, he came to hold. So, he’s coming to fight, I’m coming to fight. Eight rounds, from start to finish, it’s going to be explosive”

Moore (18-0-1), a former sparring partner of Mayweather, is no stranger to the “Money” team, having previously been trained by his opponent’s late uncle Roger Mayweather. The 45 year-old Indianan has not seen action since registering a second-round knockout over super welterweight journeyman DeShaun Williams back in late 2016.
“Floyd is going to understand and figure out that I’m no Logan Paul and I am not one that you have seen before,” Moore told SunSport. “We’ve sparred and I showcased my talent but on May 14, I’m not no sparring partner and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I’m in here to kick ass and that’s what I’m going to do, I’m a fighter.”

Elsewhere on the card, former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva returns to the ring to battle fellow Brazilian bruiser Bruno Machado. In addition, former super middleweight champion Badou Jack trades leather with Egyptian cruiserweight Hany Atiyo, while former women’s lightweight champion Delfine Persoon collides with fast-rising French phenom Elhem Mekhaled for the WBC women’s super featherweight title.

So he’s sparring his actual long time sparring partner and charging for it

7 Likes

gotta admit thats pretty good if it sells

3 Likes

If

1 Like

Wild :joy:

1 Like

Shocked Jay Pharoah GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

‘Mayweather vs. Moore’ fight card set to feature Anderson Silva and Badou Jack

bump

Likely won’t happen but Imagine somehow Mayweather gets upset or slept. Would their ever be a bigger upset in combat sports than that? I think Mayweather wins but you never know.

Boxing event featuring Floyd Mayweather, Anderson Silva cancelled

Exhibition boxing bouts involving Floyd Mayweather and former UFC champion Anderson Silva scheduled to take place in Dubai on Saturday has been cancelled.

Mayweather was set to face Don Moore in an exhibition bout to cap off the event, but that will no longer be happening following the death of United Arab Emirates president Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, which was first reported by TMZ. The UAE has put into a place a three-day suspension of work due to the tragedy.

Silva was paired up with Bruno Machado in the next step of his now flourishing career in the world of boxing. “The Spider” made quite the impression in his return to the squared circle after parting ways with the UFC, going 2-0 in 2021 with wins over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. via split decision, and a ferocious first-round KO of Tito Ortiz at September’s Triller Fight Club event that was headlined by Vitor Belfort vs. Evander Holyfield.

No word on if the event will be rescheduled, although the TMZ report states there’s a possibility the card could move to next week.

Boxing Hall of Famer Floyd Mayweather has announced that his return to the boxing ring has been rescheduled after his Dubai exhibition against Don Moore was canceled last week.

Mayweather and Moore were supposed to compete at the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel on Saturday. Last week’s cancelation was due to the death of United Arab Emirates president, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and the nation will observe an official mourning period of 40 days.

Tuesday, Mayweather provided what appeared to be a clear-cut update on when the event will now take place.
Mayweather and Moore are former sparring partners and are both undefeated in their professional boxing careers. However, Mayweather is arguably the greatest boxer to ever do it with a 50-0 record.

Mayweather fought against YouTuber turned boxer Logan Paul in a non-scored exhibition last summer, with many believing he earned the win if scorecards were given. The fight wasn’t sanctioned in Florida due to the physical discrepancy between Paul and Mayweather.

Mayweather was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame last year along with former champions such as Andre Ward and Ann Wolfe.

UFC legend Anderson Silva will also be making his boxing return against Brazilian Bruno Machado on the card.

Now In Limbo again
How does Fuck It Sound ?

1 Like