McCall like Rousey, unimpressed w/ Michael Phelps

UGCTT_BlahBreh - Tap in, you didn't really do anything besides prove ians point, its all swimming, thats it, the guy is a good swimmer, but everything you just posted in was swimming, was that supposed to prove his opinion wrong???

He isn't a good swimmer, he is the best swimmer that has ever lived on planet earth. He isn't "fortunate" to be that, he has worked his ass off harder than anyone else for decades and is naturally gifted. He has won a medal in 92% of events, Ian's point was that he enters so many, he is bound to win a couple. Reread the thread bud.

If you are a naturally gifted athlete, you can pick up mma and become a dominant champion in a couple years (jon jones, brock lesnar, etc.). You can't do that in olympic swimming, the competition is light years beyond current mma. Look at the standup battles in mma, sure it's fun to watch but it's a joke. They would all get destroyed by any olympic boxer. Nearly all the top wrestlers in mma couldn't even make alternate on the olympic team

KZTT_W85 - 

To the people saying " there are so many swimming events to compete in, he got so many shots at medals"

You are idiots. He has won the most ever! No one before him has done what he's done, including other swimmers. Phone Post

so..............

we are idiots because we are correct?

nobody is doubting he is an amazing swimmer, but he gets an opportunity to win like 15 medals every time the olympic games are on because there is that many swimming events in the olympics.

UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
KZTT_W85 -  To the people saying " there are so many swimming events to compete in, he got so many shots at medals"

You are idiots. He has won the most ever! No one before him has done what he's done, including other swimmers. Phone Post
so..............

we are idiots because we are correct?

nobody is doubting he is an amazing swimmer, but he gets an opportunity to win like 15 medals every time the olympic games are on because there is that many swimming events in the olympics.

So by your logic, every olympic swimmer should have 22 medals, right? How come none of them have even half that many? 

The butt-hurt is STRONG in this thread.

Chill out fellas... it's just 2 MMA personalities with their own opinions. Get over it.. they're just 2 people not that impressed with swimming in a pool.

In 50 years no one will know who Rhona Rousey or Uncle McCall is... Michael Phelps... Different story.

I am utterly amazed at both Rhonda and McCall and anyone else that would say anything negative towards someone who is LITERALLY the BEST at what they do, time and time again.

Drmmr.

Rhonda

Clarence Parents - The butt-hurt is STRONG in this thread.

Chill out fellas... it's just 2 MMA personalities with their own opinions. Get over it.. they're just 2 people not that impressed with swimming in a pool.

exactly hahaha

Jeez some of you guys need to chill out, Phelps gets his dick licked enough. You guys don't need to come in and defend him too.

Tap In - 
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - Want me to lie and say that i am impressed by the guy that gets all those medals because of swimming, there is like 20 Olympic swimming events for him to get a shot at getting a medal and he's clearly a great swimmer so obviously hes gonna get medals.

If you dont agree thats fine, but i would be way more impressed if he was the best at Triathlons, swimming, and wrestling. That right there should get super human praise the way he does.

Let us look up some fun (and factual) facts. I'm hoping you didn't do much research and made an offhand comment, if you look at this stuff and you aren't impressed, I don't believe you

1. There have been 48 men's swimming events contested in the three Olympics since Phelps started winning golds. He's medaled in 22. That's 46 percent! Keep in mind he's only competed in 24. 

So he has medaled in 22 out of 24 olympic swimming events he has competed in. That's pretty fucking amazing. 92% of the time he enters the pool, he gets a medal. It's not like he enters 100 events and gets lucky here or there. He doesn't need "shots", nearly every shot he gets, he hits a bullseye

2. Michael Phelps won his first Olympic medal in 2004. His 18 golds since the Athens Games would rank 12th overall for all nations, ahead of traditional Olympic powers like Romania, Poland, the Netherlands, Cuba and Spain. 

He has won more olympic medals than most COUNTRIES combined. They all have the chance to enter that same pool the same amount of times. They all get to participate in swimming "to get a shot at getting a medal", yet they lose to phelps every time.

3. Phelps (population: 1) has as many medals as India (population: 1.24 billion). But that's low-hanging fruit. India isn't a country associated with athletics that don't involve wooden sticks. Argentina has produced famous soccer players (Maradona), Grand Slam tennis champions (Gabriela Sabatini, Juan Martin Del Potro) and NBA stars (Manu Ginobli), and has one less Olympic gold in its 112-year Olympic history. 

Phelps has won 1 less olympic gold medal than Argentina has in 112 years. They also get a shot at all those "easy" swimming gold medals over the last 112 years.

4. Phelps has as many gold medals (18) as any other Olympian in history has regular medals (Larisa Latynina, 18) 

Again, if swimming is so darned easy, how come no one in the history of the world can get close to him? Other people swim too!

5. The male swimmers with the next-highest career medal totals have exactly half of Phelps' total. Mark Spitz, Matt Biondi and Ryan Lochte all have 11 

So at the very least, all those guys are pussies (I disagree completely, they are amazing athletes), and yet they swim the same easy/large amount of swim events, and have only been able to do half of what phelps has done, with a lot less golds.

6. No swimmer had ever won a gold medal in the same event in three consecutive Olympics. Phelps did it twice in London, going back-to-back-to-back in the 200 IM and 100 fly. 

Again, defying history

7. He set eight world records in Olympic competition and 39 overall in his career 

So not only is he the best in the pool on that given day, he is the fastest in the world, ever.

I didn't swim competitvely in high school or even enjoy watching it or anything (have seen him race maybe once or twice), you just have to give props where props are due.

Damn it i wish i could post gifs.
* insert didn't read dancing guy*

drmmr - Rhonda

Ronda

you know what Athlete im impressed most by?

Nick Diaz, does triathlons, black belt in bjj, excellent boxing, nunchucks.. you get the picture, thats an impressive athlete IMO, he may not be the best at it in the world, but he competes at high levels in all areas. love that guy.

Canucks1337 - for future reference

if someone asks you what you think about the greatest Olympian of all time just say something nice and move on

Unless.. you're genuinely not impressed. People should say what is on their mind, UG butt-hurt is no reason to censor yourself.

Meh, to each his own...

Some people just don't like swimming...or most Olympic sports for that matter.

I understand the level of work and dedication it takes to prep for the international stage, how you have four years to prepare for events, and then its go all out or go home.

I understand that, and I think the accomplishments of Olympians are amazing.

However...I have no interest in watching "races" be they on land or in a pool.

Prefer sports where it is one athletes skill put up in direct confrontation against another's. Not sports where its just about who had the better day and was 2/10ths of a second faster than the next guy.

If I want to watch races, I'll go the Race Track...where at least I can gamble to make things more interesting.

Not saying their accomplishments aren't legendary in their field. I am just, in general, not that impressed by their chosen field.

SlyStallowned - Gold medals > lame mustache

Butt-hurt < Not being a douchebag.

UGCTT_BlahBreh - 

exactly hahaha

I wish I could be the guy who just swims in a pool. Dude is 27 and set for life, he is a name that has been cemented in the history books.

He'll be forgotten when someone else comes along and makes him look like shit in 10 years.

epic hero - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - 

exactly hahaha

I wish I could be the guy who just swims in a pool. Dude is 27 and set for life, he is a name that has been cemented in the history books.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone would be tempted to have that option for such a luxurious life. Doesn't mean everyone must be impressed with the method you used to accomplish it.

Clarence Parents - 

if someone asks you what you think about the greatest Olympian of all time just say something nice and move on

Unless.. you're genuinely not impressed. People should say what is on their mind, UG butt-hurt is no reason to censor yourself.

If you think everyone should speak their mind then I'm not sure what to say about you.

Clarence Parents - 
epic hero - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - 

exactly hahaha

And there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone would be tempted to have that option for such a luxurious life. Doesn't mean everyone must be impressed with the method you used to accomplish it.

There is no logical reason for a person to be unimpressed by Phelps' accomplishments, let alone a professional athlete.

He is jealous of the fact that Phelps at 27 has 100x the money fame women and talent than he will ever have, and wants to discredit his accomplishments by laughing it off as 'swimming'.

If it's so funny and easy, you might as well quit getting beat up by demetrius johnson and hit the pool because you could be making a LOT more money.

Trevor Corey - 
Clarence Parents - 

If you think everyone should speak their mind then I'm not sure what to say about you.

If you don't think people should speak their mind than I'm pretty sure that is why you don't know what to say about me.