McCall like Rousey, unimpressed w/ Michael Phelps

I disagree, IMO Phelps is awesome but Ian is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. Phone Post

voorhees - 
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
Neil Funk - what you said was pretty dumb, that's all

Well my friend, i can't change my opinion on the subject cause it truly does not impress me at all, i apologize for that :)

What Olympic sports do impress you?

wrestling

I'm not saying obscure fighters should be opening up on Phelps without provocation, but he compared himself to Michael Jordan during a closing interview with Costas and I rolled my eyes.  The guy is a mutant who has mastered a physical movement in order to propel through water.  Yes, they train very hard, but even one of his teammate was complaining that he doesn't apply himself enough in training.  Then he competes in a sport where teh competitors get several chances to win medals, unlike sports like beach volleyball where you get one a year.  I've just never gotten orgasmic over Phelps.  His particular achievement does nothing for me personally.  He's a simple foating robot made out of flesh and bone who gets wound up a dozen times every four years to collect medal for his overlords.  I'd take the skillset of an elite MMA fighter over that any day.

MMADrO - Ok so......flyweight's are more important?? How can you tell me that?? Seriously? Publicity stunt for a 125 lb fighter who can't ko another...cool man...cool. Phone Post

Did he say that? I doubt it. Phone Post

voorhees -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  Why Ian? Why!? :( Phone Post

And this doesn't count.

I don't agree with Ian here, and that's OK because honestly I doesn't matter.

He is entitled to his own opinion, I don't think Phelps is some super human freak of nature, but I'm impressed when I see him mainly because he has perfected what he does for a living and I can respect that.

Just because I don't totally agree with Ian's statements doesn't mean I respect him any less, I'm still a huge fan, I still love watching him fight, I'll still buy his shirts and I'm still UGCTT.

By saying you don't think any member of the UGCTT will disagree with Ian is childish. Just because I'm a fan of his doesn't mean I have to agree with him all the time. Phone Post

Definitely losing me as a fan with this type of stupidity.

What kind of retard can even think let alone say that..?

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
voorhees -

And this doesn't count.

He is entitled to his own opinion, I don't think Phelps is some super human freak of nature, but I'm impressed when I see him mainly because he has perfected what he does for a living and I can respect that.

Just because I don't totally agree with Ian's statements doesn't mean I respect him any less, I'm still a huge fan, I still love watching him fight, I'll still buy his shirts and I'm still UGCTT.

By saying you don't think any member of the UGCTT will disagree with Ian is childish. Just because I'm a fan of his doesn't mean I have to agree with him all the time. Phone Post

I didnt say you wouldnt.

I was just hoping to see you be honest.and not a fanboy.

And you were honest.Good for you.

Firstly I want to say that I disagree with Ian. If your able to dominate something like Michael Phelps has then its truly impressive.

Having said that I really don't see the big deal about the comment. Is Michael Phelps gonna care what someone says about him? I doubt it, he has enough people telling him he is awesome to counter it. Plus is he even likely to hear that Uncle Creepy made that comment? Also highly unlikely. People seem to be getting butthurt about a comment that in the grand scheme of things is pretty inconsequential. Phone Post

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
voorhees -

And this doesn't count.

Put much better than I could. Phone Post

EDIT because mods here will delete my non bashing opinion just to earn e-props.

This site would honestly be so much better with good moderation and by giving muds the ability to up/down vote.

Mods, you suck.

UGCTT_Benwahwah - 
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
voorhees -

And this doesn't count.

Really? I feel bad for you

Trevor Corey -
UGCTT_Benwahwah - 
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
voorhees -

And this doesn't count.

Lol, fuck you.

It's really late where I'm from :( I'm tired. Phone Post

I see nothing wrong with that opinion. Being the fastest at moving my body through water is a much different challenge than imposing my physical ability over my Olympic competitors.

I wonder if everyone would feel the same way if a person had won all of Phelps medals in Equestrian Dressage. Phone Post

Trevor Corey -
UGCTT_Benwahwah - 
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
voorhees -

And this doesn't count.

Lol, your low level trolling won't work in here dude. Phone Post

UGCTT_UncleCreepy - Want me to lie and say that i am impressed by the guy that gets all those medals because of swimming, there is like 20 Olympic swimming events for him to get a shot at getting a medal and he's clearly a great swimmer so obviously hes gonna get medals.

If you dont agree thats fine, but i would be way more impressed if he was the best at Triathlons, swimming, and wrestling. That right there should get super human praise the way he does.

Let us look up some fun (and factual) facts. I'm hoping you didn't do much research and made an offhand comment, if you look at this stuff and you aren't impressed, I don't believe you

1. There have been 48 men's swimming events contested in the three Olympics since Phelps started winning golds. He's medaled in 22. That's 46 percent! Keep in mind he's only competed in 24. 

So he has medaled in 22 out of 24 olympic swimming events he has competed in. That's pretty fucking amazing. 92% of the time he enters the pool, he gets a medal. It's not like he enters 100 events and gets lucky here or there. He doesn't need "shots", nearly every shot he gets, he hits a bullseye

2. Michael Phelps won his first Olympic medal in 2004. His 18 golds since the Athens Games would rank 12th overall for all nations, ahead of traditional Olympic powers like Romania, Poland, the Netherlands, Cuba and Spain. 

He has won more olympic medals than most COUNTRIES combined. They all have the chance to enter that same pool the same amount of times. They all get to participate in swimming "to get a shot at getting a medal", yet they lose to phelps every time.

3. Phelps (population: 1) has as many medals as India (population: 1.24 billion). But that's low-hanging fruit. India isn't a country associated with athletics that don't involve wooden sticks. Argentina has produced famous soccer players (Maradona), Grand Slam tennis champions (Gabriela Sabatini, Juan Martin Del Potro) and NBA stars (Manu Ginobli), and has one less Olympic gold in its 112-year Olympic history. 

Phelps has won 1 less olympic gold medal than Argentina has in 112 years. They also get a shot at all those "easy" swimming gold medals over the last 112 years.

4. Phelps has as many gold medals (18) as any other Olympian in history has regular medals (Larisa Latynina, 18) 

Again, if swimming is so darned easy, how come no one in the history of the world can get close to him? Other people swim too!

5. The male swimmers with the next-highest career medal totals have exactly half of Phelps' total. Mark Spitz, Matt Biondi and Ryan Lochte all have 11 

So at the very least, all those guys are pussies (I disagree completely, they are amazing athletes), and yet they swim the same easy/large amount of swim events, and have only been able to do half of what phelps has done, with a lot less golds.

6. No swimmer had ever won a gold medal in the same event in three consecutive Olympics. Phelps did it twice in London, going back-to-back-to-back in the 200 IM and 100 fly. 

Again, defying history

7. He set eight world records in Olympic competition and 39 overall in his career 

So not only is he the best in the pool on that given day, he is the fastest in the world, ever.

I didn't swim competitvely in high school or even enjoy watching it or anything (have seen him race maybe once or twice), you just have to give props where props are due.

To be fair, there are 14 individual men's swimming events and 3 relays. What other Olympic sport has that many chances to win a medal? Phone Post

UGCTT Captain America - 

To be fair, there are 14 individual men's swimming events and 3 relays. What other Olympic sport has that many chances to win a medal? Phone Post

I like McCall, I dot even watch the Olympics, but the comment above yours pretty much says it all. It it's so easy, why is Phelps so far ahead of everybody else.

Tap in, you didn't really do anything besides prove ians point, its all swimming, thats it, the guy is a good swimmer, but everything you just posted in was swimming, was that supposed to prove his opinion wrong???

there's no way you can get 10-15 medals in volleyball every 4 years, you can only get 1, phelps is fortunate to be the best swimmer out there, and get over 20 medals all swimming haha, i dont watch the olympics so i dont care about any of this.

but i see ians point, im sure ian does not watch swimming either i dunno. who cares?

To the people saying " there are so many swimming events to compete in, he got so many shots at medals"

You are idiots. He has won the most ever! No one before him has done what he's done, including other swimmers. Phone Post