McCorkle's Matt Hughes Book Review

Fake Pie - ^^^Funny how it all can be spun any way you want it...

yes but not matter how you spin it, Hughes comes off looking bad.

Read entire review...Must read book now...

1 Like

WOW

I have read the book and have no idea how anyone in his camp/pr could have let him publish that.

i read the book too and it was every bit as bad as this thread implies. freakin horrible.

Matt Hughes is a dick

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

Damn. Hughes makes Charles Bennett seem a little less "krazy."

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

I think this is a crappy review. A lot of things out of context, and skewered a bit to make it look a lot worse.

Read the book and form your own opinions, because this review is basically trash. And I am no big fan of Hughes.

Chapter one: what kids did not get into mischief?

Chapter two: twins are competitive. There is no one that matt is closer to than his brother.

3: Matt's father was an asshole, yelling all the time. There is more to this story than the motorcycle incident.

4: Athletes get free passes in college all the time.
Removing testicles of piglets is a necessary thing on the farm, and throwing them at a friend is a farmers idea of a joke.
The family member that killed himself was really proud of Matt and his wrestling, and even the rest of the family thought he would want Matt to go to the wrestling championship.
After the near drowning, Mark came to town immediately and him and Matt had a talk about how important they were to each other and Matt cried a little.

9: Tim seemed to not be around when others needed help getting ready for fights, and the rest of the gym resented him for not being there for the team.

10: there was no sexual assault.

11: she fucked him, too. She was on top.

Well, you get the point hopefully. Don't feel like doing the rest. Matt seemed to be quite a prick. No doubt about that. This book does not make him look that great, but it is no where near as bad as the reviewer makes it out to be. Some things are true, most is taken out of context.

Matt is not a great writer, the book is choppy with no real flow from story to story. Upon reading the book, you get a sense that Matt grew as a person, and tries to be better himself after he found God. He made the comments that he does not deserve the blessed life he has.

This is really fantastic.  Don't worry though...all that behavior is ok because he's a "christian" now.  So he's a good person.

Talk about taking things out of context.  I think that the book puts a lot of his behavior into context.  Watching those old TUF episodes, all of the holy roller bullshit like when he tries to force the bible on Danzig, it's really hysterical.

I don't think making out with an underage girl with your brother can be made to look any different regardless of context.

1 Like

Hughes has always been a dick. He is still one of the greatest WWs of all time

But he does enjoy being the typical jock. I remember Alves talking about meeting him at a seminar. And Hughes made fun of him by saying he would teach him how to defend the triangle (i believe Spencer Fisher tapped him with one)

poetic justice then that Alves beat him like he owed money

Well did he talk about when PELE knocked him the f_ck out and BJM saved his career by "stopping" the fight. IMO, from that very moment in time, Hughes should give BJM half (that's right, 50%) of EVERY dollar he's made.

Why?

Because, that was no Frank Trigg or old, beaten down Royce or "little dawg" Almeida.....that was a 100% in his prime PELE, with all the badd intentions in the world, wanting to rain down torture all over your unable to defend yo self ass.

That next day at work, my boss said that Marshall Perdue was the luckiest man on the planet (just won the first $100 Million Powerball) in Phoenix Arizona.....And I said, no hell he's NOT.....The luckiest man on the planet is Matt Hughes.

Without BJM in there to SAVE his ass, that would have been his last fight. And Matt, if your reading this, I know about the little "deal" you cut with Big John......

You know......

"If you had Pele in a bad way, to let it go and go and go" and that would have been no problino being the fight was in Kuwait......IMO, that was trailer park cowardly.

Being Pele had you in a bad way, BJM should

have let it go and go and go......

The only way you woulda wrote any kinda

book is by holding an ink pen in your gums.

ah I love that review. It should be a permanent sticky here.

Never was a Hughes fan but I literally laugh out loud whenever I see this:

"...that silver spoon's been putting a lot of food in his mouth..."

And KrazyHorse would beat Hughes.

And Tito would KILL him.

post this review on 4chan

His brother said that Matt had been a big bully his entire life. Kinda funny.....wonder what the "bully" thought as he looked across the cage at an "in his prime" Pele Landy.....braaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

So Sean, at the end of the day what are your final thoughts on Hughes given his self portrayal?

Weldd - This is really fantastic.  Don't worry though...all that behavior is ok because he's a "christian" now.  So he's a good person.

Talk about taking things out of context.  I think that the book puts a lot of his behavior into context.  Watching those old TUF episodes, all of the holy roller bullshit like when he tries to force the bible on Danzig, it's really hysterical.

The Hughes hate gets a little out of hand and people seem to spin every little thing aginst Hughes. He didn't force the bible on Danzig. He gave him a copy and suggested he read a story in it. He said to him you don't have to read it and didnt' make him read it when Danzig showed no interest. Maybe some don't like the fact that he gave everyone on his team bibles but keep in mind that on TUF that is the only book you're even allowed to have.

futon1 - I think this is a crappy review. A lot of things out of context, and skewered a bit to make it look a lot worse.

Read the book and form your own opinions, because this review is basically trash. And I am no big fan of Hughes.

Chapter one: what kids did not get into mischief?

Chapter two: twins are competitive. There is no one that matt is closer to than his brother.

3: Matt's father was an asshole, yelling all the time. There is more to this story than the motorcycle incident.

4: Athletes get free passes in college all the time.
Removing testicles of piglets is a necessary thing on the farm, and throwing them at a friend is a farmers idea of a joke.
The family member that killed himself was really proud of Matt and his wrestling, and even the rest of the family thought he would want Matt to go to the wrestling championship.
After the near drowning, Mark came to town immediately and him and Matt had a talk about how important they were to each other and Matt cried a little.

9: Tim seemed to not be around when others needed help getting ready for fights, and the rest of the gym resented him for not being there for the team.

10: there was no sexual assault.

11: she fucked him, too. She was on top.

Well, you get the point hopefully. Don't feel like doing the rest. Matt seemed to be quite a prick. No doubt about that. This book does not make him look that great, but it is no where near as bad as the reviewer makes it out to be. Some things are true, most is taken out of context.

Matt is not a great writer, the book is choppy with no real flow from story to story. Upon reading the book, you get a sense that Matt grew as a person, and tries to be better himself after he found God. He made the comments that he does not deserve the blessed life he has.

Thanks for confirming the facts.