McGregor vs Chandler Announcement? Chandler Lands in Las Vegas

3 Likes

The (“Iron”) eagle has landed.

No. 6-ranked lightweight contender Michael Chandler has touched down in Las Vegas just hours ahead of the UFC 300 press conference, going down TONIGHT (Thurs., April 11, 2024) LIVE at 8 p.m. ET RIGHT HERE. Chandler is not scheduled to compete at UFC 300 and if he was part of a teammate’s fight camp, he would have already been shacked up in “Sin City.”

So what gives?

Rumors have been flying around social media that Chandler is going to be on hand for the UFC 300 presser (watch it here), part of a special announcement from UFC CEO Dana White, who may (finally) deliver the long-awaited return of Conor McGregor in June.
Nothing is official at this time and there’s also the possibility that White saves the big announcement for Sat. night’s (April 13) UFC 300 pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast. Or Chandler, who coached opposite McGregor on Season 31 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), is simply there to attend the most “insane” fight card of the year.

If so, please don’t steal his empty nosebleed seats.

https://twitter.com/MikeChandlerMMA/status/1778480408969232848?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1778480408969232848|twgr^8afbcbe6bbab9a1cdfc709a63917e58581d716fc|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmamania.com%2F2024%2F4%2F11%2F24127701%2Fconor-mcgregor-vs-michael-chandler-announcement-iron-lands-las-vegas-hours-ufc-300-press-conference

“THE FIGHT IS ON! MCGREGOR VS CHANDLER! See you on the date I said.” – McGregor’s caption on the social media post read.

As of now, the UFC and Dana White have yet to confirm if Conor McGregor will really be facing Michael Chandler this summer. However, the former two-weight champion has been seen in training videos quite frequently, lending credence to the claim that he has a fight coming up. For Michael Chandler, the bout will be the biggest of his career thus far.

The former Bellator lightweight champion has had war after war, since arriving at the UFC in 2020. In his stint thus far, Michael Chandler has scored wins over the likes of Dan Hooker, and Tony Ferguson. However, he’s come up short against the likes of Charles Oliveira, Justin Gaethje, and the aforementioned Dustin Poirier.

For Conor McGregor, this fight will be his first in well over two years. Prior to breaking his leg against Dustin Poirier, he had suffered a knockout loss to ‘The Diamond’ earlier in the year. Since fighting Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring in August 2017, McGregor has earned only one victory in the cage.

https://www.instagram.com/thenotoriousmma/p/C5rMwcqtyLa/

Chandler when McChicken starts calling out the winner of Max/Gaethje instead

download (3)

1 Like

Chandler takes this easily.

It’s hard to get out of bed for a run when you’re sleeping in silk sheets.

2 Likes

No way in hell.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Wait, he goes by Iron?

1 Like

WE shall see

1 Like

There will not be an announcement

2 Likes
1 Like

Announcement

What was the announcement?

I guess if it was an announcement there would be no fight, i guess its still an announcement.

People should be apologising to my boy @HYBRID_JON .

When everyone said they will never fight, Jon told the forum to trust him, and guaranteed the fight wooood go ahead

2 Likes

I don’t really know. Today I’ve read that it’s on and that it’s off, so I don’t know what to think.

1 Like

I think it depends who you read. MCg says yes, dana saying no.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

1 Like