McGregor vs. Chandler card does over/under 1.25 million PPV buys?

It will do over 1.25M.

Conor Cowboy did 1.3M and even casuals knew Gaethje and Tony had just KOed Cowboy back to back. The Alvarez and 1st Diaz fight did around 1.3M as well.

The two recent Dustin fights and the 2nd Diaz fight all did around 1.5/1.6M if you believe the tapology numbers.

Chandler is pure fireworks and has been FOTN and POTN in all five of his UFC fights besides the title fight and even that was thrilling.

Chandler and Conor are Must See TV when you talk about prizefighting.

1 Like

So how high do you think it goes? Is 2 million out of the question?

Good question, guess that depends on how much buzz and hype they are able to create during the airing of TUF and in the weeks before the fight in the mainstream press and online.

If I had to guess I would say 1.5M but thats just my random guess.

Who knows…if there is insane hype in the weeks leading up to the fight it could crack 2M.

Didn’t they stop reporting amount of ppv buys when they went to the espn app? Just curious if we will get our answer. I think it be lucky to hit a million ppv buys. I think his aura was broken down by Porier beating him 2x and his antics kinda ran their course. Would not be surprised if I am wrong.

2 Likes

I wager it’s a November or December mega card. Conor prob won’t be able to test with usada anytime soon.

1 Like

And the lead up will be insane you throw in a bunch of notable fights and it’s gonna pull in the hardcore fans and the casuals.

I would agree.

I’m certain this show is at least in part a smoke screen to save time and allow him to get clean again before finally entering the pool.

2 Likes

Theres ways around that…cough cough Brock Lesnar

3 Likes

There were ways around that.

Dana is never getting another test pool exemption ever again after embarrassing USADA with that Brock fiasco and definitely not with a guy that has failed every smell and eyeball test in existence :rofl:

That ship sailed with Lesnar.

2 Likes

I’d say more. MMA is starved of interesting, exciting fighters.

Didn’t know that…the Pico pulsing Jones fiasco was probably worse id say