Melendez stays in Strikeforce????

If Melendez beats a VERY game Masvidal Saturday will he really be vanquished to the Strikeforce pergatory??? The guy is ripping shit up and not enough people know. Melendez is a gentleman and a scholar and deserves big time status....staying in the Force doesn't help him Phone Post

no chance he stays

I wouldn't want any top fighter staying in Strikeforce. I would rather see it be used as a farm league. Bring them up in Strikeforce, then send them to the big show when they are ready. There is not enough elite talent there to warrant him, or any elite fighter staying, unless they want to cushion their record.

I think they need to bring him over some comp if he stays.  That division is packed to the brim in the ufc.

Business as usual. 

^ toungue fimly planted in cheek of course.

There's no way he doesn't bring Melendez to the UFC, especially if Edgar runs over Benson.  Melendez vs Edgar would make too much $$ for Dana to pass it up.

The reverse could work as well,I think they should send cut fighters from UFC to SF for a last chance kinda like an MMA Siberia. That way the talent pool would constantly get topped off for guys to prove themselves against. Phone Post

I would like to see Strikeforce become the minor league to the UFC like the AHL/CHL is to the NHL. Sorry I'm Canadian so I either have to use hockey, firewood, or beer to explain the tiny thoughts moving around my simple brain.

Now excuse me while I go gear up the sled dogs for a trip to the liquor store!

croy_00 - <p>I would like to see Strikeforce become the minor league to the UFC like the AHL/CHL is to the NHL. Sorry I'm Canadian so I either have to use hockey, firewood, or beer to explain the tiny thoughts moving around my simple brain.

Now excuse me while I go gear up the sled dogs for a trip to the liquor store!</p>

Pick me up some fries and gravy eh.