Mendes you are awesome

I honestly thought he was going to get steamrolled tonight, but DAYUMM he can fight! Me des is everything an MMA fighter should be. Great to see a wrestler who embraces standup and fights with such ferocity.
Congrats to both combatants for an amazing fight and reminding me why we all watch this beautiful sport.
#TheFansWon Phone Post 3.0

smags - I honestly thought he was going to get steamrolled tonight, but DAYUMM he can fight! Me des is everything an MMA fighter should be. Great to see a wrestler who embraces standup and fights with such ferocity.
Congrats to both combatants for an amazing fight and reminding me why we all watch this beautiful sport.
#TheFansWon Phone Post 3.0
Seconded. Mendes is a beast. Great fight! Phone Post 3.0

"I honestly thought he was going to get steamrolled tonight"

GTFO

It took the most motivated and skilled opponent in his best performance to show us what Aldo is capable of doing. Bravo to both men, amazing performance and incredible display of will and technique.

That was sick Phone Post 3.0

I can support this. Phone Post 3.0

Great fight by both guys. Chad's fake shots to upper cuts were pretty good. Good movement, pushed Aldo. Big up.

I've never been a fan of him or really any of the Alpha Male crew, but Mendes is a f'n beast. I don't see anyone at 145 beating him other than Aldo. He's in a tough spot now after losing 2 to the champ. Will be difficult to get a 3rd.

Being Brazilian, I'm an Aldo fan. But Mendes has certainly evolved and is no longer just a wrestler. He has become a true mixed martial artist. Phone Post 3.0

I was rooting for Aldo hardcore, had money with my buddy that was watching it with me, but tucking signed. He put up an incredible fight in a hostile environment. Can't wait to see you fight Edgar next (crosses fingers( Phone Post 3.0

FOTY contender for sure 

I second it. I thought his post-fight interview was just exquisite. He just lost the fight of his life, and he so naturally and sincerely expressed his joy. How alive!

Just sad that he is most likely destined to be the JDS of featherweight Phone Post 3.0

xsrg95 -

FOTY contender for sure 

Let's not get crazy Phone Post 3.0

Pat Smear - And he never even mentioned getting blasted way after the bell Phone Post 3.0
That's because he doesn't remember it. Phone Post 3.0

Worst robbery since GSP vs. Hendricks.

There was moments where Chad was winning the fight. At one point a good way through the first round, chad was arguable taking the lead, but Aldo won that round at the end.

Aldo looked pretty busted up mid way through the fight where chad didn't have a mark on him. Aldo recovered as good as we've seen anyone between the 4th and 5th round.

Both fighters looked good, but beatable. Lots of 155er's are incoming to the FW division.

Jericco -

"I honestly thought he was going to get steamrolled tonight"

GTFO

Why would you pick THAT part of the OP to focus on? Plenty of people thought the same thing, but more importantly he went out of his way to create a thread to say he was wrong! Phone Post 3.0

Chad is a beast.

He stole the show even in losing. Aldo was unexciting as usual and took many breaks...sometimes 2 full minutes without throwing anything. Wonder why he would let Mendes of the hook? If he was twice as active he'd be KOing fools.

At the BWW by the 3rd round you could see the place changing over to Mendes side and he was getting all the applause and clapping. Aldo whining about everything, especially after blatantly punching Mendes way after the bell, was just annoying everyone.

Only thing is I don't want Mendes to topple Conor. He could take Conor down a la Davis did tonight and we'd never get to see Conor KO Aldo. Conor would make Aldo pay for taking breaks.