Mercer and Kimbo comment on fight

In an interview with Touchgloves.com, Kimbo says he's ready to go toe-to-toe with Mercer. Kimbo says he prefer the rules of MMA to boxing because "it's closer to the real thing" (this despite the fact that Kimbo's backyard fights seem to be governed by a bizarre set of rules that includes a 30-second count and people chasing down loose dogs). He also says that he's a regular guy who's willing to have a burger and a soda with his fans. He doesn't make any predictions for the fight, other than he plans to give it his all.

Mercer, on the other hand, told Boxing Scene that he expects to KO Kimbo in short order: I know he's supposed to be some sort of great street fighter. Well, we've all had street fights... I can see that he's strong, but I don't think he's ever fought a boxer, let alone a former Olympic and world champion. One punch with four-ounce gloves is all I'll need to take him out."

I expect this to be a violent encounter

If it stands, Mercer by decapitation.

wait, a kimbo fight was interrupted by an errant dog?

A few things we do know 1) Mercer can box 2) he can punch 3) he can take a hell of a shot. good luck to both, looking forward to it.

Mercer looked a bit punch drunk and wobbley on his legs in the ring at combat in the cage.

'this despite the fact that Kimbo's backyard fights seem to be governed by a bizarre set of rules that includes a 30-second count'

Actually a 30 count was very common in old Bare Knuckle matches.

what about the chill dawg rule, was that also common in old bare knuckle matches?

Will there be a satellite dish in the ring?

Last Don, please refer to it by its offical name, the 'metal thing'.

lol, all day.

The street fighter satellite dish that you get extra damage if you break someone over it.

Kimbo should wear a gi.