Miguel Torres Makes Statement on UFC Release

Former UFC bantamweight Miguel Torres, who was released from the promotion yesterday for a rape-related tweet, has come out and made a statement on his personal website.

Read what Torres had to say in the full entry, courtesy of MiguelTorresMMA.com

“I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, I have my beautiful wife and daughter, my family, my health, my gym, and in terms of my career, I succeeded to the biggest stage in the sport of mixed martial arts, the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets. I understand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect. Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right. I am going to learn from this. I think life throws you opportunities that can make you a better person, and so that’s what I’m going to do here. That is how I am going to react. I am going to use this to improve myself, and I hope that my fans will continue to support me.”

It appears Torres is taking full responsibility for his tweet, and accepts the punishment that has been handed down to him.

Source: http://www.fightcove.com/miguel-torres-makes-statement-on-ufc-release/

Sad he even has to be making a statement like that. :-(

good man

this guy was a class act BEFORE his mistake and IS a class act afterward. DANA step up and do the right thing...

Anyone with a wife and daughter who has met someone who was raped would not joke about it. He should go work with some victims on some counselling and then maybe Dana would see he is serious about returning. Phone Post

glasscasket - good man

. Phone Post

fiercedragon -  this guy was a class act BEFORE his mistake and IS a class act afterward. DANA step up and do the right thing...

French Fries Malone -  Anyone with a wife and daughter who has met someone who was raped would not joke about it. He should go work with some victims on some counselling and then maybe Dana would see he is serious about returning. Phone Post
There are people who make jokes about serious trauma in their lives as a release...I do it, and I know many others who do as well. You shouldn't make blanket statements like that.

Also good to note that Torres didn't even "make a joke"...it was a direct quote. If you are offended by it, you should probably direct that at the writters for It's Always Sunny...not at Miguel for finding it funny and tweeting it.

now THAT is what it means to accept responsibility.

Good on you Torres!

French Fries Malone - Anyone with a wife and daughter who has met someone who was raped would not joke about it. He should go work with some victims on some counselling and then maybe Dana would see he is serious about returning. Phone Post

Your a joke Phone Post

Greenup -
French Fries Malone - Anyone with a wife and daughter who has met someone who was raped would not joke about it. He should go work with some victims on some counselling and then maybe Dana would see he is serious about returning. Phone Post

Your a joke Phone Post

No your, sir!

Seriously though, Dana please hire Torres back. He's sorry, intelligent, and a fan favorite.

Most people have never been raped, so if anything, he offended a small minority. It's like making fun of people with vitiligo... The only person I know I'd be offending is Scotty Jorgensen. Phone Post