Mike Pyle: The UFC Won't Promote Me

http://mmadiehards.com/live/features/mike-pyle-the-ufc-dont-have-any-interest-in-promoting-me/

Being that Pyle is a double-sided sword with talents in both acting and fighting, why isn’t there some cross promoting between the UFC and Hollywood for this guy?

“Do you see the UFC blasting me anywhere to gain that attention? No, you don’t,” Pyle told Jason Kelly and Joe Rizzo on MMA DieHards Radio on the MMA DieHards Radio Network. “They don’t have any interest in promoting me in any type of way, obviously, for these last four fights. For whatever reason. But like they say, ‘You can’t cry over spilled milk.’ Could that be possible? A 100 percent, a 100 percent possible. They could have made these last two-three fights blown up where that might catch the attention of some of the past experience that I do have in acting. But they haven’t lifted a finger to do so because they’re not interested, obviously.

http://mmadiehards.com/live/features/mike-pyle-the-ufc-dont-have-any-interest-in-promoting-me/

big_roy_fan - i like mike pyle, but if he keeps on winning then they'll have to notice him

Pyle is 8-3 in The UFC
Pyle is 7-1 in his last 8 fights in The UFC
Pyle is on a 4 fight win streak

Guilty by association? (Randy Couture)

Hikikomori - 
big_roy_fan - i like mike pyle, but if he keeps on winning then they'll have to notice him

Pyle is 8-3 in The UFC

Pyle was the FX headline in the prelims portion of a very heavy in talent PPV. How is that the UFC not noticing him.

Hikikomori - 

Pyle is 8-3 in The UFC

On top of those stats, his fighting style engages the crowd, be it standup, or on the ground. He has one of the more entertaining bottom games.

COmbine that with his outgoing personality, I thought he should be a bigger star in the promotion. They could use his charisma, and age to make a nice story.

Something I've wondered is, how come Rory MacDonald gets no credit for beating Mike Pyle.

Everyone says Rory has beat nobody worth mentioning, yet Mike Pyle is 7-1 in his last 8 fights, with his only loss to Rory

I he saying the UFC should be promoting him so his acting career can get more exposure? If so I think their stance on fighters taking time off for movies is pretty well documented. Phone Post 3.0

Pyle vs. winner of Alves/Brown will be promoted if they make it happen. Phone Post 3.0

If UFC isn't willing to promote you, then you gotta promote yourself. VLOGs, shit talking, MMA.tv and continuing to whoop asses are the best ways I can think of. Phone Post 3.0

UFC probably don't like promoting guys that are getting up there in age.

big_roy_fan - K.
matt brown is 5-0 in his last 5 fights with 4 tko's yet hes not super hyped or talked about. same thing with mike pyle here, the best opponent he beat was rick story and that fight was extremely close.

if either of them get a win over a big name they'll be talked about for sure.

The Ufc is the NFL of MMA. Its where the best fight the best. If a fighter goes on a 4 fight win streak you cant just poo poo it. Pyle is arguably fighting the best in the world each and every time he steps in the cage.

The UFC and its fans cant have it both ways. Either there are a ton of cans in The UFC or there isnt.

Foos - Something I've wondered is, how come Rory MacDonald gets no credit for beating Mike Pyle.

Everyone says Rory has beat nobody worth mentioning, yet Mike Pyle is 7-1 in his last 8 fights, with his only loss to Rory

I agree, especially considering Rory ran through him. As for Pyle, I agree with the poster that once he beats a big name this will change, so hopefully he gets one next fight because he's earned it.

Love watching Pyle fight.. 

Pyle is too long in the tooth for the UFC to promote heavily.

They ain't gonna spend a fortune promoting and hyping a guy in the twilight of his career.

Harsh as it is, business is a cold dirty bitch. Phone Post 3.0

big_roy_fan - K.
matt brown is 5-0 in his last 5 fights with 4 tko's yet hes not super hyped or talked about. same thing with mike pyle here, the best opponent he beat was rick story and that fight was extremely close.

I think Matt Brown is a great example.  I think both fighters are the very reason they aren't talked about.

To many of these fighters expect the UFC to promote them....the UFC doesn't really do that (outside of their HUGE draws that is).  They kind of used to, a little, but since going more mainstream they don't need to.  They promote the UFC events, then promote you as a buffer before your fight to let everyone know who you are.

When you hear both of them talk in interviews it's like they expect the UFC to do it all for them and they just fight.  Sorry, but it's on you to throw some video blogs out there, maybe actually seek out some interviewers ::gasp::, and get your face out there more.

That all being said, I'm a huge fan of both fighters.  Keep winning fights and you'll get a title shot.  If you want to be "popular", start putting yourself out there.

why hype a guy who cant beat the top 8 guys in the division? everytime they tested him againest the top guys he loses.

what would you invest in a guy like that?

I mean would he be a priority? no...

^ now, he'll probably get a tougher fight but who is he gonna beat. I dont even think he beat rick story.

Mike Pyle is one of my favorite fighters. Brings it every time, comfortable everywhere.

War Pyle!

crowbar -

Guilty by association? (Randy Couture)

Very possible Phone Post

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 
big_roy_fan - K.

I think Matt Brown is a great example.  I think both fighters are the very reason they aren't talked about.

To many of these fighters expect the UFC to promote them....the UFC doesn't really do that (outside of their HUGE draws that is).  They kind of used to, a little, but since going more mainstream they don't need to.  They promote the UFC events, then promote you as a buffer before your fight to let everyone know who you are.

When you hear both of them talk in interviews it's like they expect the UFC to do it all for them and they just fight.  Sorry, but it's on you to throw some video blogs out there, maybe actually seek out some interviewers ::gasp::, and get your face out there more.

That all being said, I'm a huge fan of both fighters.  Keep winning fights and you'll get a title shot.  If you want to be "popular", start putting yourself out there.

I agree with this. If guys want to be well known and popular, they need to start looking at how guys like Koscheck, Barnett and Chael get it done.

And if they can't do that, then they have to be just pure killers in the octagon like Jon Jones.