Mike Swick vs Marcus Davis

Anybody else looking forward to this?

Davis has looked impressive lately, while Swick has been anything but.

I'm pumped... Bodog odds have them at -115 /-115. What a sweet match up.

My only concern is that both fighters are apprehensive about letting go. Swick has a reputation for it, as recent as the Burkman fight.

Swick will try and take this to the ground IMO.

Davis is a way better and more powerful striker than Swick

Davis by armbar

Davis

Swick all day...   He's in camp with Cain, Kos, and Fitch and all of them have fights coming up!  Believe me, Swick will come in ready and NOTHING like his first fight at 170 where he was still adjusting to the weight cut.

People say Swick looked dull and not himself, well he didnt tell ANYONE that he was still wearing his ribvest during camp and was bothered by his previous rib injury.  Swick will be 100% and a lot more comfortable at 170 this time around, BET ON THAT!

I am looking forward to this fight. Davis has been on a tear lately and I think Swick is a big step up for him. Swick looked awesome in his first couple of fights and then looked flat after that. If he comes in like a madman this fight could be vicious.

Do I dare say Davis by submission?

Swick should win a competitive fight, imo.

Marcus has looked impressive, but look at the competition.

Swick has been in there and beaten Riggs, The Crow, Burkman, etc.

I like Davis, too. Especially as an irish american. But, Swick should prevail in one hell of a fight.

Should be Swick due to size, and the fact that he wants to show a better performance than his last one, which was really disappointing to say the least.

Should be a great fight.

TTT for IHG by TKO

davis by ko

Swick will get koed..He hasent really fought anyone..They finally give him tougher compition....so he fights okami and get beat fairly easily...Now davis will own him

I think Davis is better on the ground than people give him credit for. On TUF he was known as primarily a boxer but it's been a few years and he's got 2 submission wins in the last 4.

I think if this fight is stopped, then it will be Davis who wins. If the fighters circle for 3 rounds, then who knows?

Swick seems to be tentative of late; I think the Irish Hand Grenade is going to land the big bomb on Quick Swick.

hell of a fight

UCPugilist - 

I like swick but I think Marcus will be to much on the feet. I've heard guys say Marcus is  fast and hits like a fucking truck. And he was sparring heavy weights with good hands, so that should say something.

Agreed.

I'm just a local pro, but, I can attest from personal experience that if Marcus connects (which is somewhat of an eventuality) then you are going to have problems....Especially with MMA gloves.

I like Davis in this one. Aside fromn the fact that Swick hasn't looked great in his last outing or two, Marcus has been on a tear. I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of Davis at first, but everytime I watch him fight I like him more.

It would be great to see Marcus get another highlight reel KO and then move on the a higher caliber opponent. Should be a great fight either weay though.

I see Davis taking this fight in the 2nd. First round will be competitive but a little slow with the two feeling eachother out. Davis comes out like gangbusters in the 2nd and finishes it, TKO.

This should be a great fight. Swick is a tough guy but I see Marcus finishing him by KO here.

Bill Pharoni - I think Davis is better on the ground than people give him credit for. On TUF he was known as primarily a boxer but it's been a few years and he's got 2 submission wins in the last 4.

Agreed. I was knocked out by how much his grappling improved from the show to his match with Shonie, who has a significant wrestling and judo background, to say nothing of his subs since then.

TOWE - Swick all day... He's in camp with Cain, Kos, and Fitch and all of them have fights coming up! Believe me, Swick will come in ready and NOTHING like his first fight at 170 where he was still adjusting to the weight cut.

Those guys are awesome. Marcus has a few tough guys from the UFC training with him as well...

Agreed.

I'm just a local pro, but, I can attest from personal experience that if Marcus connects (which is somewhat of an eventuality) then you are going to have problems....Especially with MMA gloves.

Very well said by the Sultan.