military combat hand to hand

MAYBE CONTROLLED FORCE might be a good method

ken shamrock helped marines

I think here in the states it varies GREATLY. I recall some posters on here who were Special Forces that got minimal hand to hand training and others got an abbreviated MMA course.

I knew a SEAL who got hand-to-hand that looked like a white belt Shotokan class. At the same time I know the Rangers at Ft. Benning had a BJJ class and were kicking major ass at the Auburn BJJ tournament a few years ago. I think it all just depends.

I'd be willing to bet we have some elite units with some effective training, but in general if you're in a one on one hand to hand encounter sans weapons something has gone REALLY wrong somewhere.

E kaye which Special Forces unit does he train? Funny that I have never heard of him. Do you have any proof that he works for the government and that they pay him not to teach anyone else. Dont know you, but it sounds like you have been fed a line of BS.

THE SAINT

I'm surprised I haven't heard of any of the S.C.A.R.S./Jerry Petersen devotees yet.

Frank Cucci?

Anyone? Bueller?

I have to go with SFC Larsen. I haven't been out of basic for too long. The new hand to hand program is such a huge improvement of what was their before. I was into MMA way before the Army, but alot of guys that went in had no idea of how to fight. In a short time you could honestly see them getting the concepts down and actually applying them. Which is big if you knew some of these guys.

Other than the US I'd say the Sombo/Combo/Systema...whatever??? and the Krav Maga are the most practical military systems.

I think the Marine program is good, but most of the guys I've met couldn't really make it work, just my opinion. As for Duane Dieter's CQD, I don't sh!t, but I know he's usually spoken highly of and that his knife are pretty cool...expensive, but cool.

TEAM_HAVOK , Dieter trains the SEAL platoons. He is under contract to the Navy. His CQD is more of a system of gun retention/handcuffing/defensive tactics rather than an MMA-type system.

The Gurkas do Bando right? Dr M. Gyi?

Golden Arm is correct. He teaches the Teams and others.

"His CQD is more of a system of gun retention/handcuffing/defensive tactics rather than an MMA-type system."

It is much more than that. It is a fighting system for the environment they operate in. It definitely includes H2H. It is meant to work unarmed, armed, with a 60 pound pack and without. With weapons and without. Evidently, it works very well.

All the Gurkhas do is TKD, i work along side them there recuits do there basic in the same place as ours but they are good at swinging the old Kukri

Warren if your weapon does have a stoppage, fall to bits etc you still have the best military weapon invented with you......THE BAYONET ;-)

shit forgot bout the bayonet!!!!!!!lol

If you're talking reg force, I think the Chinese might have a stake in this - I once read a military San Shou book which was quite interesting.

According to Ron Shillingford (he's on amazon somewhere) the armies most widely acknowledged for H2H are the Russians and the Koreans iirc.

I know that certain branches of the SAS, the ones doing undercover work, have a system known as 'jap-slapping' which is reputedly the absolutely nastiest street-fighting known - bite your nose off, that sort of thing. They figure if their man looks too 'professional' or trained, the others will notice.

I thought that Ranger stott proved why R.I.P. Rules and all others Rest In Peace. LOL
One of the best is Frank Cucci. He used to get the seals for a couple weeks years ago. The military hires civilians anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks and pays them very well.

Oh yeah, I happen to think systema is very practical, but it's spec ops, so it doesn't really qualify.

Still, have a clip:

http://systemaclips.com/clips/movement_1.wmv

shot it and edited it myself

[edit - it's about 20MB codec is Windows Media 9:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

]

also www.russianmartialart.com

Seen a lot of Frank Cucci's stuff and it looks ok and just started looking into stuff by Vladimir Vasiliev