Minakov is the #1 HW in the world

CRE - 

Former Bellator HW champion Vitaly Minakov has re-signed with the promotion, Scott Coker confirms with ESPN. Minakov (21-0) hasn't fought for Bellator since 2014. He will not return as champion. Coker said tentatively plan is for him to fight once and then fight GP winner.

Now they got my attention. Too bad Nelson vs Kharitonov is booked. I’d love to see Minakov fight either man, maybe he will fight the winner, plenty of time before the GP’s over.

BJ Penn Forever -
RenzoStudent2004 - Where is that mini-fedor that annihilated the bodybuilding guy that in the fight that was circulating around here some time ago? Is he still fighting?

Kirill Sidelnikov

Lost to Fight Nights champ 12-0 Pavlovich (who the UFC is signing) in his last fight.

Kirill is signed with Bellator now. No clue when he makes his debut.

He’s also the same guy that Paul buenetello jabbed to death on the affliction show , I believe it was on the fedor vs andrei card, that was a long time ago though and I’m sure he’s improved.

BJ Penn Forever - 
CRE - 

Former Bellator HW champion Vitaly Minakov has re-signed with the promotion, Scott Coker confirms with ESPN. Minakov (21-0) hasn't fought for Bellator since 2014. He will not return as champion. Coker said tentatively plan is for him to fight once and then fight GP winner.

Now they got my attention. Too bad Nelson vs Kharitonov is booked. I’d love to see Minakov fight either man, maybe he will fight the winner, plenty of time before the GP’s over.

Nelson and Kharitinov both looked pretty bad in their last fight…I hope both are really busting their ass in the gym for this bout but I have my doubts…

Glad that Minakov is coming back…I think he’d have huge problems with Lewis, Ngannou, Stipe and especially Cormier…

Is Bellator going after Barnett? I’d love to see Minakov vs Barnett.

Frank Mir tweeted “news coming soon” with a Bellator hashtag.

I bet they will announce Mir vs Minakov and the winner gets the GP winner/champ in a title fight.

BJ Penn Forever - Is Bellator going after Barnett? I'd love to see Minakov vs Barnett.

I bet they will announce Mir vs Minakov and the winner gets the GP winner/champ in a title fight.

Can’t wait to see Minakov in Bellator. I think he’ll be on DAZN.

BJ Penn Forever - Is Bellator going after Barnett? I'd love to see Minakov vs Barnett.

That would be awesome. Hopefully Mir isn’t paid to take a dive against minakov if it happens 

Russian press is saying Minakov can fight in Bellator in January and he would like to fight Kharitonov.

He was supposed to fight Kharitonov in Fight Nights Global but that fell through, FNG would not meet Kharitonov’s financial demands from what I remember.

Fedor would never fight Minakov so thats not on the table even if Fedor pulled off a huge upset on Bader.

Fedor vs Bader co-headlined by Minakov vs Kharitonov would be nice and really make that $120 a year DAZN worth it to me more.

Been saying this for years, he is a monster, what he did to Volkov and many others shows his dominance, would love to see him in the UFC asap!

BonesDominatedMe -

Been saying this for years, he is a monster, what he did to Volkov and many others shows his dominance, would love to see him in the UFC asap!

He schooled Tony Johnson and made it look so easy, Johnson dropped a MD to Kongo and he beat Volkov and Lewis. Honestly most fans don't give a guy credit until they beat someone in the UFC octagon and it has to be someone who got an impressive KO or sub in their last fight. UFC fans have no clue who Johnson is or that he beat Volkov or Lewis. They just know Lewis took his shorts off.

Right after Minakov made it look easy, Johnson fought Aleks to a draw but many feel he should have got the UD.

I think Minakov beats Kharitonov 8/10 times in 2019. If they fight in Jan he should sub Kharitonov in the first, maybe a TKO from the back.

https://mmaboxing.ru/articles/mma/Pochemu-boy-Sergey-Haritonov-Vitaliy-Minakov-dolzhen-sostoyatsya-40457.html

Minakov vs Kharitonov is a great HW fight 2018 standards.

Now that Kongo is finishing people he is in the title picture and the winner of Fedor Bader will have to decide who to defend against.

Hopefully Fedor finds a way to beat Bader but him and Minakov have said they won’t fight.

1 Like
SmerkABewl - 

Minakov is good. But he isn’t beating Cormier, Stipe, Frances, Black Beast or JDS

I can kinda see why you think DC and Stipe would be real tough for him to beat but not following ya with the other three.

The man can submit anyone he puts on the floor.

I'm not surprised motherfuckers!

BJ Penn Forever - I'm not surprised motherfuckers!

That he beat Tim Johnson? Yeah, I'm not surprised either, Tim Johnson sucks. He got slept by "diapie butt" Junior Albini.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

That he beat Tim Johnson? Yeah, I'm not surprised either, Tim Johnson sucks. He got slept by "diapie butt" Junior Albini.

Tim lost a split to Volkov, and beat Abdurakhimov and Tybura. Coaches and fighters respect Minakov as one of the best HWs on the planet, if a few neckbeards on the internets don’t get it then oh well.

BJ Penn Forever -

Tim lost a split to Volkov, and beat Abdurakhimov and Tybura. Coaches and fighters respect Minakov as one of the best HWs on the planet, if a few neckbeards on the internets don’t get it then oh well.

Minakov is probably like lower top 10.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
BJ Penn Forever -

Minakov is probably like lower top 10.

Yeah that “lower top 10” means fuck-all but carry on.

"One of the best HWs on the planet", means even less. Where would you rank Cheick Kongo? Is he THE best HW on the planet? Do you mean "one of the like 15 best HWs on the planet"? Because then I'd agree with you.

There'd be no debate, and we'd know exactly where he ranks, had he not spent the last 7 or so years in Russia, fighting washed up ex UFC heavyweights, and not good enough for the ufc, regional heavyweights.