Mirko Filipovic vs Francis Ngannou

Prime vs Prime, who takes this?

1 Like

CC.

7 Likes

Left leg, cemetery.

11 Likes

Hate to say it, but I’d probably take Francis. I’d love to see Mirko brutally pull it off though.

3 Likes

You could be right but I think Prime Mirko would kickfuck him.

8 Likes

Mirko by Leg kicks while circling to his right.
Then once francis starts reaching down to deal with the leg kicks, left high kick flatlines him.

9 Likes

Glad everyone realizes prime cro cop gets it done. Franky doesn’t have the cardio to last.

3 Likes

Mirko imo…

1 Like

Tough call. Someone earlier said leg kicks, but I only for some reason remember Mirko utilizing them to any significant extent one time in MMA, against Yoshida. Mirko has better technical, well-rounded striking, but a questionable chin.

Close matchup. I’ll very narrowly take Cro Cop, but he’d be no shoe-in, especially if it’s in a cage.

5 Likes

In a cage works to cro cops advantge. He can circle endlessly. Francis would be resorting to bullrushing while winging bombs out of frustration.
In a ring, francis could conceivably corner cro cop and make it ugly.

1 Like

Francis. Could land a bomb at any time + could bully him in grappling as the size difference would be huge.

3 Likes

head kick

1 Like

I definitely think CroCop would have to have a more perfect fight than Francis.

4 Likes

Francis is essentially Bob Sapp 2.0. His top attributes are “big” and “hits hard.” And we see what Crocop did to Sapp.

That said, Randleman was able to catch him. So who knows?

1 Like

I thought the same earlier but realized how silly it would’ve been for me to say it. Francis has really good speed for how hard he hits and his reach is crazy.

2 Likes

And that was kickboxing. Sapp didn’t have any trouble getting ahold of Mirko but it was always broken up.

Depends where. I think in the cage Francis could beat him, but in the ring, probably Mirko.

What would be very interesting is prime Alexander Emelianenko vs Francis. Alex who beat Morais had really quick hands, and was very light on his feet, while being as big as Francis.

1 Like

Francis just beat that kickboxer (can’t remember his name) but falling back on his wrestling. How does that guy compare to CC’s striking? Think CC wrestling is better

No idea

PRIDE Cro Cop legitimately had the best anti-wrestling I’ve ever seen in MMA, and that includes the highest credentialed The wrestlers who competed in the sport. For someone who crossed over into MMA without ever having wrestled, his ability to anti-grapple and get back to his desired position was a thing to watch.

Cro Cop was freakishly strong in the clinch, incredibly explosive in his sprawling and ripping movements, and punished guys for going for takedowns.

I do NOT see Ngannou taking down CC. Cc shut down the wrestling of guys like Coleman.

7 Likes

Cro has a jaw made of the finest China. Fran probably touches it and KOs him. Brenden KOed him for goodness sakes!

2 Likes