Mizuno or Adidas? JudoGi Question.

Which of the two is more better when it comes to quality, comfortably, and durability? (Or any suggestions on other JudoGi's.)

I'm trying to figure out which would be worth the $$$.

VU'S for replies. Phone Post

Owned Mizuno and liked it.  Never owned Adidas, so no opinion.

Most durable gi i  ever owned was a Judo Star gi.  I don't know if they still make them.

OCJudoTrngCtr -

Owned Mizuno and liked it.  Never owned Adidas, so no opinion.

Most durable gi i  ever owned was a Judo Star gi.  I don't know if they still make them.

Thank you, vu. Phone Post

No one else? Phone Post

I wear the Mizuno Shiai comp #801. www.hatashitasports.com I have a white and a blue gi that I alternate with. I order from them because the owner lets me order different jacket size(4 1/2) than the pant size(5). One buddy sells adidas for his students and the other sells Kwon gi's for his students.

judoblackbelt - I wear the Mizuno Shiai comp #801. www.hatashitasports.com I have a white and a blue gi that I alternate with. I order from them because the owner lets me order different jacket size(4 1/2) than the pant size(5). One buddy sells adidas for his students and the other sells Kwon gi's for his students.

THANK YOU. VU. :) Phone Post

Please excuse the creepy sn. i lost a sn bet... :(

Aka: MEOWticket Phone Post

judoblackbelt - I wear the Mizuno Shiai comp #801. www.hatashitasports.com I have a white and a blue gi that I alternate with. I order from them because the owner lets me order different jacket size(4 1/2) than the pant size(5). One buddy sells adidas for his students and the other sells Kwon gi's for his students.

Do you know why mizuno supreme #01027 is being replaced by mizuno yusho Japan IJF approved #1127? Are they identical? (According to, https://www.hatashitasports.com)

Or can anyone answer this? Phone Post

Never mind... the yusho Japan IJF skirt is only an inch longer (i believe) than the supreme. That's the difference. Phone Post

I currently own one model for each company:

White Mizuno Shiai & White Adidas IJF Elite

I hands down prefer the Mizuno. I always hang dry my gis, and the Adidas feels uncomfortably stiff afterwards. And though I supposedly got the correct size, the Adidas just feels too loose/wizard style. On top of that, one of the drawstring loops busted on it after a few months.

The Mizuno is softer, fits my body better, and looks better, too. Can't say much about durability since I've only had it for one month.

The only advantage I'd give the Adidas is that it's harder for my opponent to get his grips.

KuSakura's gis look nice, but I've never worn one. Maybe worth looking into.

On a side note, as the months are heating up, I'm only going to be buying single weaves from now on for training. For somebody who sweats as much as I do, double weaves really make training a bitch. However, I will continue to use doubles at tournaments.

VU^ Phone Post

MoustacheRider69 - VU^ Phone Post

And thank you for your input! Phone Post

Speaking of gis that are hard to grip, does anyone remember when HCK made a judogi?  It was like you were wearing battle armor.

If you want a good affordable gi for around the dojo, KI makes a nice gi.

My old Ichiban gi wore out the old agitator type washing machine. Today's fusion washers are better. I use fabric softener on my gi washes to make them feel softer. Sometimes guys complain the lapel is slippery. If you call Hatashita talk to Lia(owner) and she will do everything to get you the right gi/fit. She wants customers for life. She is at ever major judo event selling her products.

VU, everybody. Phone Post

Man I talked to Tom over at Hatashita and they had Ichiban gi’s that were closeouts because the line discontinued. I got a size 5.5 for 80 dollars which is a little larger but he said it would shrink also. There was a link if you like the Facebook page. I have a couple Eurocomps also but they fit a little narrower. The Ichibans I had when I started were serious GI’s though and lasted a long time. My last one just wore out and ripped earlier in the year. I had tried Toraki but did not like the cut so I sold it on E-bay.

I owned a low end mizuno and it rocked! Phone Post 3.0

I think it really depends on the player, their body, and the

For example, I have owned a KuSakura and a Mizuno, and tried an Adidas a few times.

The KuSakura is fucking huge in my torso, though perfect in arm length. If you are short armed, a great way to go.

The Mizuno was very tailored, but shorter than I like for the pants. I seriously was wondering when the damned flood was gonna begin.

The Adidas I tried was actually very tight through the chest, but a bit long on the arms. I would say a tall, skinny player would love them.

In terms of durability, all three I've seen last a very long time depending on the player. A good double weave from any of them will last you a good time even if you are a very intense every day player.

That being said, for your average recreational player, your once or twice a week weekend warrior, almost any double weave is gonna last you a good amount of time, even if its from a discount guy in Pakistan.

I only had the Adidas "training" gi (sounds like a "training bra"). It was like wearing a bathrobe, very soft on the inside. It also shrank a LOT in the wash. Never had the Contest, Elite, or Champion so i can't speak on that.

Coincidentally, I just got an Adidas BJJ gi for a decent price (for those who cross-train) at MMA Joe's:

http://www.mmajoes.com/Adidas-Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu-Gi_p_6754.html

I like them both equally, Mizuno and Adidas.

My all time favorite gi's are the Judo Star (I wear one now), Toraki and Century (which I do not believe is made the same way anymore.

You can order the Judo Star gi's through Norman Miller. If you google search for Judo Inc.