MM Claims Rogan Sold Him Out To ONE

https://www.mmanews.com/news/demetrious-johnson-joe-rogan-trade-one-championship-ufc-salary

Demetrious Johnson reveals what Joe Rogan told him on the trade involvement rumor.

ONE Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson recently shared some thoughts on his closing stretch in the UFC.

‘Mighty Mouse’ ruled over the UFC’s 125lbs division for years, racking up an incredible 11 successful defenses of the flyweight gold. Despite his remarkable performances, however, Johnson was typically paid far less than one might expect for such a dominant champion in the world’s No.1 MMA promotion.
In a recent appearance on the JAXXON Podcast, Johnson revealed that flyweights earned less than the standard rate during his time in the UFC.

“They would never let a flyweight at my time make $500,000,” Johnson revealed. “That was like the standard pay for mixed martial artists for the champion. If you became a champion was like you got that five bills plus pay-per-view points. So, for me, they would never give that to me.”

“Joe Rogan’s One Of My Biggest Fans” - Demetrious Johnson

During the same interview, ‘Mighty Mouse’ discussed his departure from the UFC back in October 2018. Johnson was traded over to ONE Championship in exchange for then-undefeated welterweight star Ben Askren.

Johnson revealed that after his controversial loss to Henry Cejudo at UFC 227, he decided to test the waters of whether or not the UFC would drop him from the roster. From there, it didn’t take long for the ONE Championship trade deal to come through.

“They were able to make it happen,” Johnson recalled. “They traded me for Ben Askren, and I think it was the best decision that I ever did in my mixed martial arts career.”

When it comes to the infamous rumor that Joe Rogan helped orchestrate the trade, Johnson revealed that the famed podcast host denied any involvement.

“See, I talked to Joe Rogan and Joe Rogan says ‘No, I had nothing to do with it,’” Johnson said. “So you never know.”
Regardless, ‘Mighty Mouse’ shared the info on the rumor, highlighting that it came at a time when the UFC were considering dropping the flyweight division.

“Joe was like ‘Dude, why not? Just get Ben Askren and see what’s gonna happen’ right? Like, if you plan on getting rid of the division, do it. Even though Joe Rogan’s one of my biggest fans and believes in my skillset.”

1 Like

rampage is as fat as ever.

He’s just prepping for his fight against Titties.

This is the MMA version of the Katt Williams Club Shay Shay interview.