MMA Collections???

OK, I'd like to request a "Roll Call" of every Collector out there (on UG Memorabilia Ground). Simple. I see that 100+ people have already read the "FAKES!!!" post since Friday so don't be shy......I know your here. Please post the following info about yourself:

1.) Type of Collection (ALL types MMA, UFC, PRIDE, etc...) and what you go after.

2.) Size of Collection (Dollar Value or Number of Items or "Huge", or "biggest in U.S"., med, etc...) Be as detailed or vague as you like.

3.) Do you Buy, Sell, Trade, Get Free (AGJ you dont need to fill-in this question) LOL...we know your motto: "If it's FREE, it's for me"....=)

4.) Why do you collect? Fun, Former Fighter, Investment, The hell of it...etc....

5.) How long have you been collecting?

6.) Your (i know this has been asked already) favorite item in collection and why?

7.) Who have you bought/sold/traded to on the UG?

8.) Have you ever been ripped-off/Screwed? How and by who?

9.)Who do you think has the Baddest Collection around???

10.) Your favorite MMA fighter of all-time (Ricksongjj dont bother, we know...)

11.) Name the major MMA events you have been to....

12: If you could add any one item for free to your collection that is not already in a collection, what would it be?

...........FP

Great thread....

1.) Collect evrything from every show.  Primarily passes and programs...not a huge fan of posters

2.)  Between 150 - 200 passes....haven't really sat down and looked at in a while...nice size....probably nothing compared to Yuma's

3.) Rarely buy...I usually don't ask anymore...people who know who I collect normally give it to me...I don't sell....trade a few times...

4.) I collect because i love the sport and the history of it

5.) since 99

6.)  Din Thomas gave me his fight shorts from UFC 33.  He was the winner of the first mma fight ever sanctioned in Las Vegas.  He wrote a letter that goes with it explaining the signifigance...

7.)  Ive dealt with yuma, FP, JM, and Hixon...i think.....never had a problem with any

8.) No.....

9.)  Yuma

10.) Hard question.....don't really have one but when Saku was huge it was hard not to be a fan of his

11.)  Been to a lot of events here are the big fights that I have seen live...Couture vs. RIzzo 1, BJ Penn's first fight in the UFC, Sylvia ko of Ricco, Ricco TKO's Couture, Newton chokes Pat, Carter vs. Serra, Serra vs. Penn, GSP vs. Hughes 1,  Kimbo vs. Mercer (i was a judge), was at the very first IFL....    

12: royce's gi from UFC 1 or that tooth that got knocked out in the early UFC.....

1.) I collect everything MMA related. I go after everything not already spoken-for (I hate cock-blockers and sneaky-ass mofos trying to snake in on somebody else's score/connection. imo thats lower than a snail.)

2.) Huge. Pride, UFC, and most other org's. I have 100+ passes, 250-300+/- posters, 75+ t and event shirts, Every Pride Program including all the GP's and Bushidos and 32/33. All Bushido posters. Most of the Pride posters except 6 or 9, i forget. About half of the UFC posters made (mostly newer with a few old, old ones), hundreds of MMA trading cards (UFC and other), thousands of Pride trading cards (yes thousands), hundreds of Takada Dojo trading cards (Sak, Takada, Matsui, and fat dude), a lot of fight-worn gloves and shorts, hundreds of books and magazines, an IVC poster signed by whole card, Every Japan Vale Tudo Program 94-99, multiple UFC Japan Programs, tons of Abu-Dhabi and Grappling show items, and a lot more really nice shit I won't disclose until the time is right.

3.) I buy, have rarely sold, and trade all the time. And I'm not one of the dickheads that have to come out on top every fucking trade they do......you know who you are. I try to be as fair as possible given the situation.

4.) I collect to preserve and record the history of MMA and also because it's exciting.  Besides a few of the fighters that are cranky fucking bastards (Lindland, Ken Shammy by personal experience) the majority of them are really cool to bullshit with. I have made friends with a few of the fighters over the past few years and it has been great to experience the sport from behind the scenes.

5.) Technically I bought my first UFC VHS tape/s around 94-95 but didn't start other items till 97-98. Started heavy maybe 2004-5.

6.) Chuck Liddell's fight-worn shorts from UFC 54 against Horn, Chuck's Gloves (and Babalu's shorts) from UFC 62, and a few other items I can't mention at this time...(HEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHE).

7.) I have bought from JM, Yuma, TJ, Cam, Rebecca, Jeremiah. I have sold to either Grizz or RKing i forget which. I have traded Yuma, Cam, Jeremiah, AGJ, Stinkin, Rickson, TJ, JM, and probally a few others i cant remember.

8.) Although everybody on here will say different, I have traded thousands of dollars worth of shit to Jeremiah and never have had a single problem that wasnt resolved. I am currently in the middle of an unfinished trade that needs to be wrapped-up soon with him...(hint hint J). I have been screwd outright by Stephen A Sharpe of England (across the pond). He was selling 6ft x 4ft. posters of Gonzaga/Cro-Cop and Stout/Fisher on EBAY (user SASsomething). I made a side-deal and sent him two $100 bills and $15 in cash and he says he never got it. Just plain fucked me. I've done hundreds of cash deals and this would be the first to end-up like that. BrooklynDodger on EBAY sucks also, he is from NY and sells the (just sold Mickeys banner to Sgtandy) banners. He is a fucking tool, stay away. I've been shipped shit from Kakuto/Roland/Tokyo Amusement that was fucking horribly packed and arrived mangled several times (although he kinda but not really took care of it later), the point is, were collectors and we want our shit to arrive in decent condition right????? Besides that I've been promised the world by numerous fighters and others and they just plain flaked on their end of shit.... what can you do?.......

9.) Can't say, can't say, Yuma, Cam.

10.) Rickson Gracie for the "mystique" and Sakuraba for the pure innovation and the fearless warrior he is. Name any other fighter that is Sak's size and has fought the tough mofos he has.......(on camera hix)...

11.) Pride 33, sat 4 or 5 rows in front of Randy Couture and Big John. Many IFL events, 40-50 local shows.

12.) Can't say yet, but it would be the same thing I'd mention in question number 6.........

forgot to mention.....my second most favorite item i have is a pass from Pride when Nog fought Fedor for the firs time.....I met them both in NJ at MFC and they signed it by their names/faces....

FP....thought u were banned???

lol

1.) Mainly Pride and UFC, some K-1 and Pancrase. I also collect Puroresu memorabilia (thats Japanese pro-wrestling)

2.) Modest. For MMA probably about 30 or so posters, a few programs, alot of autographed gloves and other items. For Puro lots of programs (most autographed), a few posters, lots of figures

3.) Buy. Most of the stuff I have is pretty common to most of the hardcore collectors and the stuff that isn't I'm not willing to part with, so I don't trade much. Never sold.

4.) It started with an unhealthy man-crush on Ken Shamrock and grew from there. The interest was always there as I've been watching MMA since I was 10 or so.

5.) About 5 years or so

6.) Lion's Den t-shirt autographed by a bunch of the Lion's Den fighters(Thanks again Yuma!)

7.) JM, Yuma, Cam, Rebecca, Hix. I don't remember if I bought from you either FP

8.) Not yet, knock on wood

9.) Yuma

10.) As stated above, Ken Shamrock. Bas Rutten a very close second

11.) Only been to one IFL event. Noone ever comes to Chicago...

12.) Shammy's badass purple robe

Really quick between football games....

1. Almost exclusively UFC and Pride stuff - I stay away from other events unless I REALLY like the headliner. I stay away from passes and minis/fliers. I only collect stuff I genuinely like, never just for investment potential.

2. My collection has fewer items then most, but I started moving towards higher end stuff a few years ago so the quality is there. Making some major changes right now. If I had kept everything that I ever came across I would be broke and divorced.

3. I buy, sell and trade. I'm one of the dickheads that always tries to come out on top of a trade.

4. I was instantly addicted to MMA after seeing the UFC 2 PPV. Those early UFC's brought about a worldwide shift in the martial arts that was unprecedented in hundreds of years of combat arts, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it. In a thousand years they will STILL talk about 1993-1994 at the period the human race learned how to fight.

5. Collecting for around 10 yrs.

6. Early on I knew I wanted four things - the original War of the Worlds painting, Royce Gracie's original contract from UFC 1, a UFC 1 poster, and a fourth item I'm working on as we speak. I got three of the four, and those are the gems of my collection - I couldn't begin to put a dollar value on them.

7. I've dealt with virtually everyone on here at one time or another. Aside from a couple compulsive liars, no issues. I've never dealt with AGJ, probably because our business models are diametrically opposed.

8. I've never been outright ripped off, and I've put HUGE trust in people over the years, so I think that's pretty impressive given the number of transactions I've done. Having said that, I've had some people lie to me, back out of deals, try to change deals once a deal has been agreed to in principle, etc, etc. I've also had some bad experiences on Ebay, but that's my fault for dealing outside of my normal circle. Such is life.

9. Yuma.

10. Royce and Saku from the old days, GSP and Nog in the modern era. Idolized Rickson for a long time, but just can't get past him not fighting Saku.

11. Never been to a big show, just local one's. Planning a trip to Vegas this year with some buddies, just waiting for the right show. Pondering Montreal in April.

12. Probably Royce's gi from UFC 1.

1.) Type of Collection (ALL types MMA, UFC, PRIDE, etc...) and what you go after.

UFC, Old Pride stuff loving Bushido goods now,  old grass roots mma shows.

2.) Size of Collection (Dollar Value or Number of Items or "Huge", or "biggest in U.S"., med, etc...) Be as detailed or vague as you like.

60 or so posters, a few passes, some autographed goods. I try to the the hard to find goods.

3.) Do you Buy, Sell, Trade, Get Free (AGJ you dont need to fill-in this question) LOL...we know your motto: "If it's FREE, it's for me"....=)

Mostly buy.

4.) Why do you collect? Fun, Former Fighter, Investment, The hell of it...etc....

I love the sport!

12 years or so. I collect in spurts.

6.) Your (i know this has been asked already) favorite item in collection and why?

The "I got beat up by the Hillbilly" shirt from UFC 41 seen here. ( I will post pics soon Jeremy!)

Traded with Jeremy good guy. Rebecca, Cam...

Not yet!

Some guy named yuma?

I love the midwest guys. I remember rolling with Jeremy Horn when we were both 19.  I have a ton of respect to all fighters that get in there.

A few UFC's.  37.5 was the first one. A few hundred local shows.

12: If you could add any one item for free to your collection that is not already in a collection, what would it be? The cage from UFC 1... does anyone have it?

--------- i go after anything older ufc , pride, battlecade, etc. im interested in the history of mma.

---------- i think i have the most stuff, may not be the rarest, but the most.

----------buy mostly, sell on rare occasion, and trade for the right item IF i have more than 1.

----------- you get 2 or more of the same thing, then you have to have all of them. the obsession will grow if its in your blood.

------------5-6 years?

------------ 6 of the 7 versions of pride 1 posters.

------------ tj, jm, cam, rickson, clint, grizz, jking, fp, etc.

------------ ive been screwed a few times on ebay, but there you take your chances. ive been screwed by a lot of people along the way giving people the benefit of the doubt.

cams, hes got more than people have seen.

------------frank shamrock, bas.

------------ufc 33, 36, 49, 51, pride 32, 33, kotc about 6, and smaller shows.

12: If you could add any one item for free to your collection that is not already in a collection, what would it be?
------------- either wow painting, royces contract.

1. All MMA. Anything I can get at the time.

2. Mostly UFC, Pride and WEC minis. UFC, Pride and EXC programs. ICON and a couple Pride passes. Art of War pass. Unused ROTR and ICON tix.

3. Mostly buy.

4. Fun

5. About a yr.

6. My UFC 52 program and mini. It's the first live event for me.

7. Traded with FP.

8. Not that I'm aware of.

9. From what I've seen here, Yuma.

10. Saku & Jens Pulver.

11. UFC 52&69. IFL Houston.

12. Really would like a UFC 69 pass. Since I know that's not free then anything. I'm not the most picky person in the world.

1.)Lots of Barbies, My Lil Ponys and Pokemon.

2.)Im not quantifying it, but a 13 year-old jizzed when he saw my Voltrons.

3.)I usually go to parks and wait for the kids to run to the ice cream man. Then I jack. Sure, they may cry, but Americans are getting fat.

4.) Why do you collect? I never got laid, so dolls were a logical transition. YO JOE!

5.) Ever since the 1st girl I asked out instantly turned ghey.

6.) The earlier mentioned girl, that bitch is buried under my lemon tree next to the pool.

7.) Only the truest ghey, Ferryass.

8.) Sadly, I have only screwed my FiFi.

9.) The guy from 40 Year-OldVirgin is god.

10.) WTF is MMA? LOL HACKORZ PWN!

11.) Is that anything like Comicon?

12: A life-size gnome from WOW.

Live long and prosper.

And I thought for sure JM you'd break-down and admit to having the largest signed potholder collection on earth! Damn, I was I wrong......lmao.....FP

Cam, Lets see some pics of the goods!

LOL. Potholders? Bro, you are stalking me. When we moved into the new house, my girl provided alot of the kitchen crap from boxes she had in storage. Yep, 12 potholders? Who the fuck has that many?

Good thread, btw.

Actually, this is what I meant by "Potholders"... FFS! I see a Barnett, a Kharitonov, Shogun, Sperry....LMAO!

JMs Potholders

......FP

ffs?

google it mr."LOL HACKORZ PWN"... just bustin your ballz bro.

Google this dick.

Done. now what?.......FP

memorabillOWNED

HERE'S MY ANSWER: TAKE 2

1.)I have a combo of Pride, UFC, KOTC, hell even some RITC gheyness.

2.)Tough to quantify, but prob have or had more than anyone in the signed aspect of mma collecting. Ill leave it to Yuma, Cam and the boys for the sweet unsigned posters.

3.)I do it all all all.

4.)I am a packrat by nature. When a kid, I collected Fast 1's, then baseball cards, then Sublime shit, now MMA. Also, a huge cigar nut.

5.)I am confident that I am the longest running serious autograph seeker guy of mma shite. I was killing fools at UFC 34. Waiting til 5 am for Rizzo to come back from the hospital to finish posters. Psycho.

6.)The Carmen promo signed by all fighters, including Couture. Apparently, he didn't give the ok for him to be marketed in the ads, so they pulled him from the campaign.

7.)Cam, Hedges, Rossen, Yuma, TJ, Hixon, Joe Riggs, Mark Coleman, Royce Gracie, Arias, Griz, Melissa, Saucy, Souljacker, Tapu, Mace, Mace's bro (forgot his SN), The Jap chick, and prob more that I can't remember. Everyone but that fuck AmerSoldier.

8.)Bobsappfann got me for 600 or 700, but Paypal gave me back my loot.

9.)Tough to call on this 1. Cam and Yuma Im sure have lots of stuff. But if I hadn't gotten rid of everything I got over theyears, I would take mine.

10.)Igor, Sak and now the lil guy from Norcal.

11.)Attended: UFC, Pride, WFA, KOTC, RITC, XCF, ECF, Evolution, AZGC, Copa, Des Quest, Whatever the hell's Tito show was called at his gym in like 2002, fuck, too many.

12: A signed Pride 1 poster would prob be the 1. Igor's shorts, Sak's mask, Matt Hughes letter of retirement.

All that said: most of you are good, nutty people. Even the big-talker, little-do'ers. You know who you are. You slay me. And the let's start a deal and never finish it kids. You too are the funny.

See you all at a show soon if you actually get off your couches and come out. Ill be the fat, Irish guy with 1000 photos, 2000 minis and 2 duffle bags of ghey gloves.