MMA is boring now

It’s boring because the UFC is full of stoic types who are easily forgettable. Needs more characters who fans can get into, positively or negatively.

4 Likes

I said that BKFC and Boxing are putting on better cards now so did you ignore that for a shitty attempt at an insult or did you just miss that?

Well okay. Then obviously you like boxing and bare knuckle fighting. Those are both boxing. Those are striking with the hands only sports. Go watch them. Stop talking about MMA lol

1 Like

I just want someone to Make MMA great again.

4 Likes

You should check out.Lethwei

It’s bare knuckle Thai Burmese kickboxing with head butts.

I think if somebody gets knocked out. They get a two minute rest. It’s fucking savage.

I’ve been too busy and basically too lazy to watch an event yet :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I love boxing but better cards? even now in the watered down era the UFC still has much more stacked cards than boxing, and MMA is always going to be a more consistently exciting and unpredictable sport because the rules make it that way.

As for BKFC, yeah its fun to watch but the main drawback for me is the talent level is weak as fuck. Its hard to shake the feeling that tons of boxers, kickboxers and MMA fighters could walk into BKFC tomorrow and dominate it, which takes away a lot of the prestige and importance of the fights imo.

3 Likes

Third World Machete fighting is the next big thing!!!

3 Likes

There needs to be a BKFC style league for MMA that just focuses on entertainment. Notice they don’t sign every vanilla Abdul and Magomed the UFC cuts, but stick to fighters that they know will draw interest and bring it. That’s basically what Strikeforce was. Another league is never going to have more top fighters than UFC, but could put on better shows.

3 Likes

Boxing is RIGged

2 Likes

Are you just referring to the UFC? Do you watch ONE at all?

I’ve never heard anyone watch ONE and say anything that wasn’t great.

The only problem with ONE is, they have a huge roster and I and am sure most others also, have no clue who 99% of them are

The UFC is best at one thing, marketing their fighters.

Their rule set is the worst in MMA. There are tons of eye pokes and low blows seemingly every card. Or faking of low blows. And fighting safe and boring is rewarded. As is faking low blows/eye pokes and it’s fitting Jon Jones is the UFC goat while winning many of his fights using eyepokes or the threat of eyepokes as his primary offense and primary defense. With Pride gloves I think Jones would have lost many fights. He might have even gotten clipped by Machida.

ONE is refreshing. The ruleset as well as the way the refs control the fight for excitement. As well as 50k bonuses for anyone who puts up a great performance not just for a win. So there is an incentive for being aggressive even if you lose you are rewarded.

Speaking of ONE, @rigpig brother do we have a ONE megathread that gets used much?

If not let’s make one.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong

1 Like

I love mma, boxing, kickboxing, amateur wrestling and bjj as much now as I ever have. That’s just me.

The ufc has too many cards these days. The free fight night events are what PFL/Bellator and other cards should look like

Don’t get me wrong I like free fight night cards and I watch them all. But the PPVs are stacked anymore due to it

2 Likes

The UFC has been boring for a very long time to me. Started after the Fox deal in 2013 IMHO where they started substantially watering down the events in order to put on as many as they could.

It’s on a subscription service in the UK so we pay almost nothing in comparison to how much it costs you guys in the U.S

I went from staying up till 6am in the morning to watch every event to just recording it to the watch the next day.

I then started just fast forwarding to the main event Sunday morning.

Then I stopped bothering to even record most events because they were that shit.

4 Likes

The Apex events are more boring. Lack of crowd probably has something to do with it.

1 Like

There just isnt a lot of fighters im invested in anymore. Everything feels so generic and corporate.

5 Likes

Plus the biggest stars hardly ever fight.

Look how many times Jones and Miocic have fought in the last 5 years?

Combined they have fought 8 times between them I think.

Fighters fighting 3 times a year would obviously generate more interest in them. Look how regularly they used to fight in Pride which was full of stars.

1 Like

I can’t keep up with everything anymore. I used to sit in the irc channel #sakuraba or teamspeak just to get updates for shit. Events used to have much more hype. Also pride i miss pride.

4 Likes

Me Too Samesies GIF

2 Likes

It’s been boring for me for years.

This too. Also, twitter beefs and phony personalities

2 Likes