MMA is boring now

Is it just me or is MMA just boring as hell now. Had a few friends over for the fights last night and nobody gave a damn about the fights. It’s not only last nights card but the past 5 or 6 years just seems like it’s not an event anymore.

Side note me and my buddies all watched a BKFC a few weeks ago and nobody gave a damn about the names of the fighters everyone was glued to the TV during fights.

19 Likes

Incredibly boring now. MMA peaked in around like 2013-2015 IIRC.

Armwrestling is much more exciting than MMA now.

6 Likes

I long for this era:

3 Likes

When I was 21-25 when Silva, GSP,BJ, or Brock fought people were pumped. And that was after the Chuck era. I just don’t ever feel hype for fights like back then. And even worse the fights now hardly ever deliver.

11 Likes

BKFC is a blast to watch, every friday on one fc there is at least one fight of the year candidate on it, been enjoying muay thai with mma gloves alot, I dont care whos fighting they fight like hell in one fc Thailand, the clashing of elbows between both guys reminds me of 2 rams headbutting, i advise anyone to check it out

3 Likes

The catfights are what’s taking it down a notch.

4 Likes

You have to bet it to be interested at all for 75% of the fights
That isn’t good, especially since bets are ruined by ref/judge 35% of the time

4 Likes

MMA is dead to me now

12 Likes

I like 155-300 lb fights
That is what built the sport and created buzz

Sorry mini fighters
Yes you got skill and are badasses

1 Like

Time for prisoner GLADIATORIAL COMBAT!!!

5 Likes

Can we sponsor our own Chicago gang and outfit them with body cams and chase drones?

2 Likes

It’s still better than boxing.

2 Likes

I think it was better than boxing for about 10 years. If I’m by myself on a Saturday I’ll watch any fights. But now if I’m at a bar or a party UFC is just background TV. If a big boxing match is on people are actually watching.

2 Likes

Every Sport has good and bad games. The Oliveira win was worth the PPV price last Saturday!

1 Like

The ratio of good/bad is worse because of the oversaturation issue. Tons of weak throwaway cards and too much shit going on to keep track of fully, its been that way for like a decade. But in terms of the actual quality of fights and fighters its still very strong, and theres still big cards every now and then still. July is a very good month for the UFC.

6 Likes

If all you watch is UFC then edit your thread title

ONE FC is exciting, but the UFC is one trash card after another.

And people have to pretend like WMMA is good and force it onto cards when it’s as appealing as the WNBA.

MMA hasn’t been the same since the fall of PRIDE FC.

4 Likes

I miss submissions

2 Likes

I used to watch all the organizations. But now Bellator is trash PFL is always a letdown. Back when WEC and Strikeforce were going strong MMA was a blast. Hell me and my friends in high school used to stay up for pride events. But it’s just not the same anymore.

4 Likes

Sounds like fight Sports maybe aren’t your bag anymore. Maybe try out soccer or figure skating. You might whine and bitch a little bit less about them. Good luck

2 Likes