MMA is the Tough Mudder of combat sports

Too many fights in mma prove that a lot of these “athletes” are experts in taking damage rather than having skills. You can become a professional mma fighter in the biggest organizations by having a little skill and a high threshold for pain. There’s no beauty in mma. No mastery. You don’t see the defensive skills of a Floyd mayweather, the artistry of a Buakaw or the patience of precision of a Buchecha. Mma is more of a tough mudder event than a marathon or sprinter. Most of its participants aren’t athletes to me.

1 Like

The ugliness you refer to is the reason people like MMA…The closer a sport is to real violence, the uglier it’ll be…The “prettiness” is the result of rule sets…MMA is more of a metaphor for real life than any other combat sport…

2 Likes

They try to package it as a real sport by adding time limits, rounds and fouls. I guess if it’s not broke why fix it. People are drawn to it the way we are when two people fight in hockey or in the street.

Experts in taking damage. Huh

Roy Nelson Mma GIF

I think thats bullshit unless you already have a big name coming in…other than that, most of these guys are very skilled.

Also, lol @ thinking Roy Nelson has no skill.

1 Like

Though you said it in a cunty, pretentious way, there is some truth there.

The sport is still raw compared to what it will eventually become, which only makes sense considering its age. Legit gyms weren’t even common until like 10 years ago.

Skill

warm up fighting GIF by DAZN USA

No skill

Sparring Ufc 207 GIF by UFC

He has very little skill aside from power, some bjj moves and a big belly. If power and a hard head are skills than he is quite talented

I mean I agree he has a lot more skill but I’m not sure what this has to do with your argument.

You dont think punching power is a skill? lol

It’s closer to human cock fighting or rock em sockem robots than it is a sport

Trolling. Got it.

1 Like

Not with bare hands essentially. He would never knockout someone in boxing. Any big fella can knock someone out in a street fight.

ufc GIF

Not trolling. This isn’t skill. It’s having the will over your opponent.

Skill

boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

leo santa cruz boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Technique

Fitness GIF

No technique

dustin poirier GIF by UFC