mma "monopoly" theory is about to Be tested

Sucks for Nate, but he's definately the canary in the mine for the mma monopoly theory. If he can't get a decent gig after the getting kicked from the UFC (and presumably strikeforce) then surely nobody else will. Thoughts? Phone Post

Dana will ultimately regret this.

Nate's firing will fuel the fire of government trust busters. The investigation will surely bring out many sordid details of the Fertitta-White crime family. Ultimately, Dana White will be brought to his end in prison by the probing cane of a 94 year old Whitey Bulger.

His last word: "Marquardt."

Aside from the phrase "canary in the mine" your post is worthless. Any "decent gig" that exists, we already know about. (bellator, dream). Admittedly, they're on the shitty end of decent.

Anyway, good use of canary in the mine.

The monoply thing is stupid anyway. The MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, NASCAR are all essentially monoplies and there is more competition to the UFC than any of them have. Nate will end up in DREAM, Bellator, MFC, or Titan unless he failed his medicals for somthing like HIV, Hep, etc in which case it doesnt much matter he isnt fighting anywhere.

awilson82 - The monoply thing is stupid anyway. The MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, NASCAR are all essentially monoplies and there is more competition to the UFC than any of them have. Nate will end up in DREAM, Bellator, MFC, or Titan unless he failed his medicals for somthing like HIV, Hep, etc in which case it doesnt much matter he isnt fighting anywhere.

Well MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL has unions. Pensions, medical benefits etc. Can't even compare the UFC with the major sports when it comes to bargaining power by the athletes. Not even close.

CompanyBlue - 
awilson82 - The monoply thing is stupid anyway. The MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, NASCAR are all essentially monoplies and there is more competition to the UFC than any of them have. Nate will end up in DREAM, Bellator, MFC, or Titan unless he failed his medicals for somthing like HIV, Hep, etc in which case it doesnt much matter he isnt fighting anywhere.

Well MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL has unions. Pensions, medical benefits etc. Can't even compare the UFC with the major sports when it comes to bargaining power by the athletes. Not even close.

The UFC gave everyone on contract including SF fighters free insurance or did you miss that, and they have talked about getting pensions set upsoon and advise the fighters to save $$$ so they dont end up like broke ass boxers and oh yeah no one in boxing does any of that. Plus by and large the UFC pays way better than anyone else including backroom bonuses they dont have to pay.

Just because they dont have a union doesnt mean the UFC is a monoply. Any given week there is UFC, Bellator, and usually MFC or Titan on HDnet which is more televised comp than any of the other sports leagues.

I dont get the UFC hate if you want to hate someone it should be DREAM considering they dont even pay their fighters.

greco yeoman - Aside from the phrase "canary in the mine" your post is worthless. Any "decent gig" that exists, we already know about. (bellator, dream). Admittedly, they're on the shitty end of decent.

Anyway, good use of canary in the mine.

Worthless how? We don't know whether Bellator are in the business of taking zuffa cast off's, just because they picked up
Ben Saunders doesn't mean they'll take Nate. It's the first case of a real quality fighter leaving the Zuffa banner, and just because Pavelich talks a good game doesnt mean the mfc is anywhere near top competition Phone Post

I just want to say...GREAT use of the term canary in the mine...Not like Joe Rogan ever used that term referring to Sylvester Stallone and HGH or anything :)

Haha, sorry for not memorising every single Joe Rogan podcast. I reckon he'll let me off with a warning, you know seeing as it's a pretty common phrase that he didn't actually make up, just used once. Phone Post

awilson82 - 
CompanyBlue - 

The UFC gave everyone on contract including SF fighters free insurance or did you miss that, and they have talked about getting pensions set upsoon and advise the fighters to save $$$ so they dont end up like broke ass boxers and oh yeah no one in boxing does any of that. Plus by and large the UFC pays way better than anyone else including backroom bonuses they dont have to pay.

Just because they dont have a union doesnt mean the UFC is a monoply. Any given week there is UFC, Bellator, and usually MFC or Titan on HDnet which is more televised comp than any of the other sports leagues.

I dont get the UFC hate if you want to hate someone it should be DREAM considering they dont even pay their fighters.

This

I haven't heard of anyone recently that was/is employed by Zuffa whining about the shitty pay or being treated unfairly. As for monopoly you can't find Zuffa at fault because the other organizations are unable to turn a profit or in most cases break even. In the purchases of Strikeforce, Affliction and Pride they were all about to go under and were looking for buyers. Zuffa didn't strongarm them. I'm sure WEC wasn't doing too well either but I don't know any of the specifics on why they sold/merged.

Squarded Circle = genius

awilson82 - 
CompanyBlue - 

Are you implying that I hate the UFC? Is so, why? Did I call the UFC a monopoly ever? All am I saying is that you can't compare it with the major sports as far as bargaining power as the MLB, NBA and NFL were called MONOPOLIES on this thread remember? Can the UFC fighters go on strike? No, they get replaced easily. There is a long line of fighters who will still fight.

When football, basketball and baseball players get locked out and dont show up for work, the sport DISAPPEARS. The owners of professional teams start losing big money. That could never ever happen in the UFC under the current system. UFC fighters are far more expendable than the star power of the major league sports.

Elmo d. Fudd should apologize NOW, so he doesnt look as foolish as he did in the BJ, Frank Shamrock, Dave Terrel, Brandon Vera, Futa1, and Hendo situations.

This theory, of course, fails to take into account the reason Nate was let go (e.g. illegal supplements).

or whether or not Nate was released from the UFC so he could fight in strikeforce or some other such non-news.

Lol at someone who wrote high profile fighter LEAVING zuffa. His ass was fired lol Phone Post