MMAs Greatest What ifs

What if Frank Mir never had the motorcycle accident?

4 Likes

What if Brendan Schaub didnā€™t rush in on big nog

2 Likes

Fedor vs. Randy in my era.

3 Likes

What if Gina beat cyborg ?

2 Likes

Saku vs Rickson
Saku vs Frank
Khabib vs Tony - I think itā€™s looking pretty heavily that Khabib woulda won but shame it never happened when both were on their run
Khabib vs Charles

2 Likes

THE greatest mma what If:

Chael Sonnen was on the verge of soundly beating Anderson Silva, at the time the greatest MW in history, before getting tapped with a minute and a half on the clock.

When he fought Jon Jones, there was 30 seconds left in the round. Jones had an open fracture on his toe that any ref or conscious cornerman would have stopped the fight if JBJ didnā€™t do it himself. When he saw it, he immediately wilted and turned white. He would not have answered the bell had Chael lasted another 30 seconds.

Theoretically at this point he could have back-to-back beaten the MW and LHW goat, and then in true Chael fashion called out the heavyweight champion for a real whackadoo spectacle, or simply retired with the belts and lay down the claim as the greatest MMAer in history.

There are plot holes, as Chael likely would have rematched Silva in the interim, he failed a drug test, etc, but with a little twist of fate he could have beaten them both.

7 Likes

What if CroCop didnā€™t lose to Gonzaga?

What if Tito beat Chuck the first time around?

What if TUF wasnā€™t a success?

What if Pride didnā€™t get sold?

2 Likes

You quit your Tzatziki sauce bullshit with that nonsense.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Sorry Fran Healy GIF by Travis

2 Likes

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

2 Likes

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Kurt Angle beat Mark Kerr by one point in the Olympic Trials. Lets say Kerr winsā€¦does Kerr go on to win the Olympic Gold and not become the Pride Legend he was and does Angle compete in MMA and kick ass in Pride/UFC? Does ā€œThe Smashing Machineā€ ever get made?

5 Likes

What if Karo did not have the best throws in the world?

2 Likes

I honestly think that Anderson would beat GSP. I think that Anderson may be too big physically. Not a knock on GSP at all but Anderson can do everything just as good as GSP can. Fight IQ, striking, grappling, conditioning. I think that the only other measurable that Anderson could have on GSP was height and reach.

Anything can happen in a fight, but I honestly think that GSP could take Khabib to the woodshed if he is properly prepared. GSP is genetically gifted and is very much packed into his 170lbs/185lbs frame. His striking is superior and he is strong enough and gifted enough to overpower Khabib physically. Iā€™ve heard multiple people at 170/185 talk about GSP and how shocked they were at how fast he was, explosive he was and physically strong he was. Khabib is toast if he gets in there with GSP.

2 Likes

Conor in particular. He made the money, more power to him. Early on, he played the game, the game didnā€™t play him. Now Iā€™m not so sure. I honestly wonder how much of that Mayweather fight money that the UFC took from him. I wonder if the Ali Boxing Act would make them disclose that for public record? With the sale of his whiskey brand, he probably isnā€™t worried about money. I just hope that he is paying his taxes and is paying someone to watch his financial advisors.

Jones joked about doing cocaine and still kicking DCā€™s ass.

2 Likes

What if art jimmerson cold clocked Royce.

4 Likes

Pretty much agree on who would win altho obviously GSP had better wrestling than Anderson but I think the bigger guy wins both altho the size gap between Khabib and GSP would be less than GSP vs Anderson (based on WW GSP vs Khabib ā€¦even though GSP looked pretty thick at MW and didnā€™t look too outsized vs Anderson, Bisping canā€™t use his reach like Anderson.

1 Like

Yes Connor is a big if too actually however I dont think he has the style or mental strength and cardio to have sustained a dominant championship reign.

1 Like

I honestly believe that GSP is in a different place in his life and didnā€™t want to fight anymore. Both of those fights were easily makeable. Those fights could have made everyone involved tens of MILLIONS of dollars in gate reciepts and PPV points. Even more if there were rematches requested.

I would take those fights. Everyone should already be financially secure at this point. Their legacies are secure. I would take those fights as icing on the cake, let my UFC contract expire and make sure that I have no obligation to them and then have exhibition matches with Mayweather, Tyson, RJJ and Jake Paul. There is more millions in the bank.

1 Like