Monte Cox confirms Duffee v Overeem

"Duffee’s manager, Monte Cox, spoke candidly with MMAFA.tv about the recently-signed match-up:

"This is one of those opportunities that come around once in a lifetime. Todd isn't 100% and there isn't enough time to get 100% ready, but he felt like it was a dream come true to fight against one of the best, if not the best, heavyweights in the world.

"I'll be honest, I argued against taking the fight. I'd rather he have time to prepare and be at full strength... but he was adamant that this was a special opportunity and he wasn't going to pass on it and regret it later on. He said 'I'm a fighter... this is what I do.' How am I supposed to argue with that logic?""

read more from Monte at
http://www.mmafa.tv/home/blogs/duffees-manager-confirms-fight-against-alistair-overeem-at-dynamite.html

follow Jon Luther on twitter at
http://twitter.com/#!/JL__MMA

WAR Duff Man!

good on him I say

Lynch the bunk liverkick.com site.

Duffee comes through in the clutch.

Isn't this what Monte is supposed to say?  Even if it's not true?  Isn't it his job to paint his client in the best possible light to minimize any backlash due to his reported history of various problems?

He is a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER....therefore he should be ready to fight ANYTIME!!!!!!

whats the big deal

fightsfan - He is a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER....therefore he should be ready to fight ANYTIME!!!!!!

whats the big deal

because supposedly he has a history of not being ready to fight "anytime"

I support these genetic freaks fighting. Phone Post

www.mmafa.tv/home/blogs/duffees-manager-confirms-fight-against-alistair-overeem-at-dynamite.html 

Nice Jon!

HoHoHo......errr.....TTT

As I said before, Duffee can take this fight, it's in Japan and he doesn't have to cycle.

Stupid move by Duffee, IMO.

Oh well.. should be exciting, for about 56 seconds.

this is going to be a great watch.

in the words of TO

Getchya POPCORN ready!

Ubereem is still hungry, nice way to have a showcase fight in Japan is to fight a glass jaw standup fighter

Well thats what fighting used to be about! Now its will I be on my period in two months, will my tan be ready, will my girlfriend accept my fighter lifstyle and let me train and not have to do the dishes every night, will my sex change be healed by then. I mean come on...