More about the Steroid Guard

Steroid Guard is different.:wink: Forget about the Overhook from the Guard. In No-Gi it is pretty weak and you better use the outside Figure 4 Control to catch your opponent into the realms of the Steroid Guard. From there move on to the reverse shoulder pin control and finish with Oma Plata or Triangle Choke.

I don’t understand why you’re trying to basically ripoff the shawn williams guard… clamp your hands slightly different of something and pretend it’s a whole new guard.

In basic overhook I’m only posting on the far arm, just to pull my knee inside and get inside position.
After that I’m totally holding onto their clavicle and framing against their jaw threatening arm bar or marcelo garcias straight arm bar if they square up to me… or potentially shawn williams with oma plata threat… In gi it’s very popular to go through that sequence because you have the cross collar choke threat…or instead of gripping the lapel with the overhooking hand, you can get a sleeve grip on their free hand and threaten triangles or belly down arm bar.

this isn’t a newly invented guard… chirst.

1 Like

Haters gonna hate.

Basically it is not about the Shoulder Pin or Williams Guard, the real main part of this guard is using Figure 4 Control Positions in many variations. Last week I was showing the inside figure 4 today the outside figure 4 and there is much more. Also when it comes to the shoulder pin stuff I ALWAYS use a figure 4 which makes it for me much stronger and more stable. So steroid guard is not the term for one position but for the concept of using different figure 4 grips with and without the use of the legs to get control. We using this concept not only from guard but also from the Mount, Spider Web, Back Control or Turtle.

That´s why it has it´s own name, it is not just one position I have slightly changed and renamed.

I’m on this side of the fence. It looks like a rip-off of SW’s guard with a few quirks but nothing mind blowing.

interesting…gonna experiment