Morrison talking mma

"I'm concerned about killing someone. I'm not kidding. We're trained to hit a moving target. These guys run in with their chin hanging out."

Morrison, who said he weighs about 213 pounds, said he has done little MMA training, although he expressed concern about wearing four-ounce fingerless gloves.

"I'm a little nervous about that -- not for myself but for the other guy," Morrison said. "To me, it just seems like someone signing up for assassination class. He must be out of his mind."

MMA legend Dan "the Beast" Severn (81-15-7) will fight Victor Vincelette (2-2) in the main event Saturday night

The question about Morrison's HIV status could be answered by the end of the month, when Morrison's camp hopes to conduct a very public blood test in Las Vegas and, as his publicist Lisa Woodard said, "put at end to this once and for all."

Added Morrison, in an interview with ESPN.com on Friday: "I am negative and that's that. I will go to Vegas and have a test and have a press conference and it will be over. I'll do that in about two weeks to a month."

Never heard of the guy he's going to fight, but I'm sure they picked someone low-risk. I would love Dan Severn to beat him up. Severn is still almost pure wrestler, and about 50 years old. It would set an example.

Morrison is an idiot. He's not in a boxing match. NO MMA fighter in their right mind is gonna stand with him. He is headed to the ground and on his back. They hand picked his opponent because he's big and slow, and Morrison has a better chance of catch him before he's clinched.

LOL at KKM laying the smack down on Jones.

"...this fight is all standup, no ground. "

tell me you're joking

its true jones. And be happy KKM edited his post... man he was doggin you bad.

LOL....I deserve to be dogged since I didnt know that.....so he is basically in an octagon boxing match? And he's doing all this talk of beating up MMA fighters....complete BS

interesting

Why isn't anyone from the promotion on here trying to clear the air or defend their reasoning?

This is a street fight. No ground with 4 oz. gloves. WTF is going on in AZ, is this really the direction and association we want to have with the sport?

"I'm concerned about killing someone. I'm not kidding. We're trained to hit a moving target. These guys run in with their chin hanging out."
Yeah he's concerned about killing someone, give em HIV

If his opponent is out...I'm in I don't fear HIV only the GAIDS- thats the bad kind.

"I'm concerned about killing someone."

Yeah, killing someone with teh aids.