Most effective Ring Worm med?

lamisil work very good

Are you guys serious about scrubing it w/ bleach? That sounds kind of dangerous. I am pretty sure that Lamisil IS prescription, otherwise I would have seen it when I went to the drug store.

Bleach irritates the skin and it may even spread ring worm.

I know guys at the gym who use bleach and they have scars all over their body. Lamisil AT cream or spray is what I would recommend if you have just a couple spots. If you have it on your scalp or in several places, you might consider oral Lamisil (which costs a fortune). Start using a skin protectant.

www.emedicine.com is a great resource for all kinds of medical information.

Oil of Oregano works great. (Not what you think) It can burn the skin and yes it does smell. Check out the health food store for tablets or oil.

Here we go again! God I hate the worm....

Bleach is nice cuz it DOES irritate the skin. Once irritated the Lamisil
absorbs better. Bleach also kills the itch. Wash with tea tree oil. Clean
clothes after every use since you can easily re infect yourself that way.
Take acidopholous daily and even after the worm is gone, keep taking
it. That will prevent re-infection.

I DQ a competitor at the arnolds this year when I saw his neck,the ring worm was the size of a fifty cent peice,funny thing,as he started  to mouth off Roberto Vega and Mr. Garcie game over and showed him the door out.I can just see the rest of his body.

I have never got ringworm, and contribute it to my wrestling coach telling us to use plain Head and Shoulders shampoo like a body soap, the active ingredient will kill the ringworm before you get it. My daugter has the ringworm, and the doctor has her using ketoconazole cream. I swear by the head and shoulders I am 35 and been wrestling since 4 and never gotten ringworm. You gotta wash the head and shoulders off with regular soap.

Tait, what is acidopholous?

Yeah, what does acidopholous have to do with ringworm?

It makes your skin an unsavory place for the fungus to reside. I believe
that it essentially leaves the fungi no 'food' on your skin ,hence it
makes your body an undesirable environment for it. I get a bottle at
Trader Joes for 5 bucks and havent had ringworm since Ive been taking
it. I usually dont shower for at least an hour after training and often
roll with infected people.
I used to get it, since acidopholous I dont anymore.

pbolger,

Thanks for the website. good shit.

Acidopholus is the live bacteria found in yogurt. You can buy it at GNC and other nutrition stores in its pure form. Tastes like shit, but good for you. I was recommended it when I had food poisoning as it gets your intestines right. I hear from chicks it reduces/eliminates yeast infections too. I'm not sure of the ringworm relevance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it assisted with the immune system.

Like most things, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Like hunglikeahorse said, wash as soon as you can after rolling, wear clean stuff, and wash your gear regularly. Also, there's that Khemshield stuff skin protectant you can get and use prior to rolling. If you do get the worm, bleach & Lamisil has always worked best (fastest) for me.

I've gotten ring worm 4 different times. The 1st time i had a hell of a time getting rid of it with different medicines the doc was giving me than someone suggest lamisil oral meds and lamisil cream. So i asked the doctor and he prescribed the oral med and i bought the lamisil cream and it got rid of it in less than 2 weeks. The other 3 times i just used the lamisil cream and got rid of it in about 2 weeks. Seems to be the strongest.

Fungi-cure. Good stuff.

i've posted this before, on the recommendation of cowboys, and swear it helps. replace bleach treatment with toothpaste, smear it on and leave it for as long as you can stand it. follow this up with regular lamisil treatments

PS i'm not a cowboy

Bleach alone wont kill ringworm.

A doctor can give you an oral pill that makes it top being contageous in like 3 days...plus the clortrimasol.

Damn ... so many different opinions on this. I know the one I would not try is the bleach!

Monistat 1

Sounds gross, but it cured my ringworm in 6 days. Also, let that thing breathe, don't just keep it covered 24/7. It slows the healing.