Most of the “best fights of all time” are fights that went the distance

People always act like you NEED a finish for a fight to have been great but that’s simply not true at all

Griffin Bonnar 1
Liddell Silva
Gaethje Chandler
Shogun Hendo 1
JBJ Gus 1
Antonio Silva Mark Hunt
Diaz McTapper 2

1 Like

Lawler finished Rory the 2nd fight

5 Likes

Oh look at me I’m smilin like Rashad I know history and shit

1 Like

An extremely underrated 5 round WAR

Shoutout to @Floppy_Divac

8 Likes

You left off the greatest fight of all time

1 Like

Unfortunately Diaz Daley ended at the very end of round 1

2 Likes

We all know the best fights ever happened outside the UFC.

6 Likes

Hughes vs Trigg 2 is my favorite fight of all time because it played out like a pro wrestling match. Baby face goes to work, heel hits a low blow and the ref doesn’t see it, baby face is almost finished and comes back just when you think it’s all over and slams the dastardly heel to the ground for the victory.

Cro Cop vs Nog is a close second for similar reasons

3 Likes

Most of the worst fights of all time also went the Distance too lol

5 Likes

Not Frank mir v. Cro cop

1 Like

Shogun vs hendo was the first thing to come to mind

4 Likes

I faintly remember being a teenager and waking up 4 am to watch Pride pay per views, watching Minotauro beat Bob Sapp was for me the greatest fight ever, I don’t wait up until 3 am to watch UFC fights, anymore, those are not worth it for me, I would rather sleep, but man those pride events were stacked and the production was amazing.

2 Likes

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

2 Likes

Cro Cop vs Fedor

3 Likes

Shogun/Machida 1 deserves to be on this list

3 Likes

I don’t remember that fight being incredible. Maybe I have to rewatch

The best fights are action packed close fights where both guys get the upper hand at one time or another. Then just to top it off, I like a KO or sub late in the last round so there’s no doubt who actually won.

1 Like

Literally no one has ever complained about legit 3-5 round wars. It’s decisions from point fighting that people don’t like, as they kill the “anything can happen” feel and thus the excitement.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Best fight are between evenly matched high level martial artists, and the longer they are, the better they are assuming these fighters perform. Nobody will remember the McGregor-Aldo fight as more than a fluke, for example.

Best fights to me are almost always ending with a finish.