Most Senior living Red Belt?

Who is the most senior living Red Belt? I’ve seen the pictures from the big promotion in November 91 where many Red & Coral belts were given. It has to be either Robson or Joao Alberto Barreto who I believe were red belts before then unless it Carlos Antonio Rosado who Carlson gave the Red Belt in 1989 @ 40.

I thought Rosado passed away… No?

Maybe I am have the confusion.

shen - I thought Rosado passed away... No?

No, Just saw him on instrgram. Looks good actually, looks way younger than 70 imo. Battling diabetes for years.

graciesrule - 
shen - I thought Rosado passed away... No?

No, Just saw him on instrgram. Looks good actually, looks way younger than 70 imo. Battling diabetes for years.

Oh, my bad.

Good for him.

all the other Red belts from the 1991 ceremony are gone:

10 th: Carlos, Gastao and Helio

9 th: Carlson, Pedro Hemeterio, Armando Wreidt, Helio Vigio, Oswaldo Fadda

Behring?

Honest Lee - 

Behring?

He was a student of Barreto

graciesrule - 
Honest Lee - 

Behring?

He was a student of Barreto

And got his 7 th degree Coral belt back in Nov 1991

It seems that the Fadda side has plenty of red belts.

WAIT…

Let me check with the IBJJF to make sure all these dudes have been paying their yearly fees, every year and are therefore “legit”.

6 Likes

Maybe if somebody released a red belts documentary we may be able to answer this question.

1 Like
elvargas - Maybe if somebody released a red belts documentary we may be able to answer this question.

I would donate to that project.

1 Like
shen - WAIT....

Let me check with the IBJJF to make sure all these dudes have been paying their yearly fees, every year and are therefore “legit”.

they also need to get a background check now…

There are a good many Red Belts in the Fadda Lineage. I think the most Senior is either Deoclecio Paulo or Maestre Chandu.

Chango

I did a seminar with (Red Belt) Alavaro Barreto, younger brother of Joao Alberto Barreto and he was telling a story and mentioned in passing about when Rickson was a toddler and kept running onto the mat interrupting training and people were getting kinda exasperated.

–But that wasn’t even the point of his story–

I just recall being impressed that he was training when Rickson was a toddler, yet there are Red Belts still alive who have been training significantly longer than even him.

I would regard Robson as the grandmother of bjj at this point. He’s older than Reyson and Reylson, I believe.

RoarkVsEverybody - I would regard Robson as the grandmother of bjj at this point. He's older than Reyson and Reylson, I believe.

I believe Joao Alberto Barreto is the most senior Red Belt. Both he and Robson were born around same year yet Barreto had his first fight in 1950 where Robson was mid 1950’s. Also when the Federation was formed in 1967 Barreto was the director with Robson the deputy director.

graciesrule -
RoarkVsEverybody - I would regard Robson as the grandmother of bjj at this point. He's older than Reyson and Reylson, I believe.

I believe Joao Alberto Barreto is the most senior Red Belt. Both he and Robson were born around same year yet Barreto had his first fight in 1950 where Robson was mid 1950’s. Also when the Federation was formed in 1967 Barreto was the director with Robson the deputy director.

This sounds about right to me!

graciesrule -

This sounds about right to me!

shen - WAIT....

yeah we gotta do things by the book