Mousasi fighting K-1 on NYE.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/12/08/k-1-next-for-gegard-mousasi-not-dan-henderson/

Just put up by Ariel. No opponent named yet.

Justinmacd - I'd rather see him fight MMA to be honest.

Once a fighter chooses MMA I prefer he stays there.

agreed, but if he wants to do k-1, why not. it'll be just make his MMA better to continue honing his stand up.

I was bummed that the Hendo signing news mentioned him fighting in Strikeforce "as early as" April 2010.

There is no one else for Gegard to face in the interim...in Strikeforce, DREAM, or Sengoku.

Let him fight K1 in the meantime, shame he's not facing Lil Nog for next #1 UFC LHW contender. Looking forward to Mousasi v Henderson, whenever it happens. Hendo vs Shields would be a big letdown IMO.

savage animal - 

There is no one else for Gegard to face in the interim...in Strikeforce, DREAM, or Sengoku.

Looks like there isn't much of an interim for him, atleast in terms of Strikeforce.

Fanhouse's article stated that it says in his contract that he can only fight for Strikeforce when Fedor is on the card and he's healing up at the moment.

Chris -  agreed, but if he wants to do k-1, why not. it'll be just make his MMA better to continue honing his stand up.

this

his stand up will be even more dangerous with the experience. As long as he doesnt break his fists and can be in the next SF, then I think its a good opportunity.

"Fanhouse's article stated that it says in his contract that he can only fight for Strikeforce when Fedor is on the card"

wtf

Nice.

Id like to see him fight someone like Saki, Spong, Kyotaro, Manhoef or even Karaev, one of the smaller guys.  No need to see him get smashed by some of the real HWs. 

crazy russians!

Mousasi is one focused and determined fighter.

Hope he wins again in K-1.